Chapter Three

"Lucy, please, can we talk?" Sadie pleads, catching up to Lucy.

Lucy has been ignoring Sadie for a week after what happened and Sadie just wants to make sure Lucy realizes what really happened.

"No" Lucy replies, turning to look at Sadie. "I think you've been perfectly clear"

"No, please, I just-" Sadie starts but Lucy is already walking off.

"damn it" Sadie curses, crossing her arms over her chest.

[Time Skip]

Sadie gets out of the shop, with Tim getting out on his side. They walk up to the car they pulled over for speeding.

"Are you aware you were spee-" Sadie starts but freezes when she sees four women in the car, all of them butt naked.

"are you aware you were speeding, ma'am?" Sadie asks the driver, Wanda.

"well hello there" Wanda winks at Tim.

"ma'am?" Sadie presses.

"what?" Wanda asks, turning to Sadie and looking annoyed.

"you were speeding" Sadie dead pans.

"really? I was?" Wanda questions Tim, coyly.

Tim is doing what a man should do in this situation, looking straight ahead and not making eye contact or looking at anyone or anything in the car.

"Yes, you were, ma'am, you were going thirty over the speed limit in a residential area" Sadie says, getting frustrated.

"well I'm sure you'll let me off with a warning" Wanda flirts, winking at Tim. 

"No, actually, we will not be" Sadie replies, pulling out her ticket book. 

"oh, you're strong, daddy" Wanda purrs, having reached out and squeezed one of Tim's thighs.

"back off" Sadie warns, getting in between Tim and Wanda.

"why?" Wanda asks.

"I think you know why" Sadie answers, looking pissed.

She sends Wanda a look, making it clear that Tim is not for grabs.

"hmm" Wanda huffs.

[Time Skip]

Sadie expects Tim to say something about what just happened when they get back in the shop, but he doesn't say anything. 

"so?" Sadie prompts.

"so what?" Tim asks. "you want me to thank you for doing your job?"

"no, I just-" Sadie starts.

"That was your job, boot, the only pat on the back you need is your paycheck" Tim says, shutting down any sort of conversation.

"fine, asshole" Sadie grumbles under her breath.

[Time Skip]

"Seven Adam 19, robbery in progress, 1200 Oak Ridge Drive" Dispatch says over the radio.

"Seven Adam 19, show us responding" Sadie replies over the radio while Tim turns on the sirens and rushes to the location of the robbery.

Sadie and Tim both hurry out of the car. The glass door to the jewelry store has shattered and so they cautiously step through. 

"No! We agreed that I got the diamond earrings!" They hear one of the robbers arguing with the other.

"No! We said that you got the diamond necklace, I get the earrings" The other robber responds.