Chapter Nine

"damn, it's raining" Sadie notes, looking outside the station.

"that is an amazing observation" Tim says, sarcastically.

Sadie swats his arm. "don't be mean"

"yeah, cause it's not like we told her several times this morning that it would be storming all day" Lucy replies.

Sadie pouts. "It just slipped my mind"

"but it didn't slip your mind that I promised to make you French toast but I made you pancakes two months ago?" Lucy questions.

Sadie just smiles, sheepishly.

"that, baby girl, is what we call a selective memory" Tim chuckles, kissing the top of her head.

Sadie giggles, blushing.

"hey, would you mind if me and Tim ride together today?" Lucy questions.

"why wouldn't I be?" Sadie questions, confused.

"told you" Tim remarks.

"told her what?" Sadie asks.

"Lucy over here was worried you would get jealous of us spending time together without you" Tim explains.

"I like that you two are riding together, it means you'll be safe" Sadie frowns, turning to Lucy.

"god I love you" Lucy exhales, leaning forward and pecking Sadie's lips.

All three of them freeze when Lucy says the l-word, however they can't say anything about it because Grey calls them over to start roll call.

[Time Skip]

"she said I love you" Sadie is rambling to Celina while she drives the cruiser.

"As you've told me a thousand times" Celina groans.

"well, it's a big deal" Sadie insists.

"do you love her?" Celina questions.

"that's not the point" Sadie replies. "of course I love her, I love them both, I've loved them for longer than we've been together but I just... we've only been dating for three months"

"So you love them but you think saying the l-word is going too fast?" Celina asks.

"I just... I just think that saying the l-word is a very... it's a very official thing and sure we've been exclusive for three months, I'm just worried that... that they'll realize we're moving too fast and want to step back" Sadie sighs.

"You're worried about Tim thinking you're moving too fast" Celina realizes.

"I just-... out of all of us, he's the most experienced with relationships, hell he had a wife, and with his previous girlfriends, they were mostly casual, he dated Rachel for who knows how long and they never said the l-word. And we've only been dating for three months" Sadie explains.

"But you aren't Rachel or Ashley or Wanda" Celina corrects. "You and Lucy are his girls, I don't know him as well as you do, but I see how he looks at you two and he never looked at Wanda that way"

"You think?" Sadie asks, glancing over at Celina before turning her attention back to the road.

"I know so" Celina replies.

Sadie sighs, drumming her fingers against the steering wheel.

"So, if I say it back to Lucy and say the same thing to Tim, it won't scare him away?" Sadie wonders.

"No, it won't" Celina promises.

"Okay" Sadie nods.

Right in front of them, they watch a car lose control of its brakes and slam into two other cars.