𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝟯 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟱𝘁𝗵 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

THE late night air was cold, whipping around Jake and nipping at his skin with no remorse. He shivers harshly, grasping at his flimsy cardigan and pulling it tighter around his frame. He should have known better to come out in something so thin, but now he's twenty minutes from home and wishing he had at least grabbed a scarf to cover himself up better.

The grave yard is quiet with the late hour. Jake stands still in a daze before he snaps out of it, grasping his only form of protection, not that it's actually doing it's job.

Heeseung's parents decided that it would be better for him to be buried closer to Jake, since they found out from Sunghoon and Jay that Heeseung was going to propose that night. In their kindness, they had offered him Heeseung's old house as well, and Jake had almost broken down when they revealed that they had kept paying the rent and taking care of it so Jake would have somewhere to stay when he finally woke up, if he had ever woken up.

"Hi Heeseung hyung," Jake whispers as he kneels in front of Heeseung's gravestone. "It's your birthday today." He stares at Heeseung's grave before turning to grab the gift he'd gotten for him.

"I got these for you." he whispers, setting the bouquet of chrysanthemum's he bought for Heeseung in front of him.

The wind blows particularly hard, and Jake shivers. It's cold out, yet he still traveled out to see his Heeseung. He wipes at his face, sniffling softly. The golden band sitting on his finger glints in the sunlight and he bows his head, sobbing quietly at the thought that the ring just serves as a reminder of what could have been.

"I miss you," Jake whispers, trying hard to keep his voice from cracking. Ultimately, he fails in the end. "I miss you so much, hyung." He leans forward, resting his head on Heeseung's grave stone and squeezing his eyes shut. "It's— it's been so hard without you."

He doesn't know how long he sits there for, hugging Heeseung's grave, crying until his throat is sore and his eyes are dry, tears all run out.

He hiccups, pulling back to wipe at his eyes and shifts until he's sitting on his knees again.

"Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying, mister?"

Jake jumps, eyes going wide at the sound of another voice next to him. He turns, staring straight into the eyes of a young boy. He looks no older than ten, honey brown eyes that, ironically, are doe-shaped just like Heeseung's, shaggy brunette hair, and a sweet smile.

Jake quickly wipes his remaining tears away, turning towards the boy with a small smile. "Why are you here so late at night? Where are your parents?"

The little boy shrugs, turning and pointing further down. "They're down there talking to halmeoni and haraboji."

Jake hums. "So why are you here?"

The little boy grins, falling to his knees and scooching over until he's directly in front of Heeseung's grave, right next to Jake. "To talk to Heeseung-ssi."

Jake blanches, blood rushing in his ears. "How do you know him?"

The little boy reaches forward, laying his palm directly over Heeseung's name. "I talk to him sometimes. He tells me a lot of stuff."