𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

JAKE hums to himself as he sips on his coffee. The sun is shining down brightly on his skin from where he sits in the small cafe. He sighs to himself, resting his cheek on his palm while he stares out at the snow covered streets.

Headphones hang from his ears and neck, spitting the same words back to him that he'd heard through the pretty boy's earphones earlier that morning. He smiled softly, a light blush spreading over the apples of his cheeks.

The feeling of his headphones being ripped out and the sound of chairs scraping against the floor startled him and he turned his attention in front of him. Jay and Sunghoon stared back at him with confused looks on their faces, his headphones dangling from Sunghoon's fingers.

"Earth to Jake." Jay mumbles while waving a hand in front of his face. "What are you smiling about, you freak?"

Jake scoffs, leaning forward to snatch his headphones from Sunghoon and then promptly shoves them into his coat pocket along with his phone.

"Fuck you dude. You're like.. ten minutes late and insulting me? Do you have any shame?"

Jay laughs from his seat beside his boyfriend, grabbing Jake's coffee cup and taking a large gulp of it. Jake sighs. If there's one thing he's learned from being friends with Sunghoon and Jay is how to expect the unexpected. It always comes in handy with these two.

Although they annoy Jake to no end, they're his best friends and they tell each other everything. He feels guilty about not telling them about the man under the shriveled tree sooner but that's technically what he called them here for. To make himself feel not guilty by telling them.

He picks at his nails in nervousness and Sunghoon must notice because the next time Jake looks at him, his face is gone of all playfulness. Jake gulps when Jay also looks at him, clearly catching on to what was happening.

"Is something wrong, Jake?"

He takes a deep breath to hype himself up and then looks his best friends in the eye, leaning forward to whisper, "I met someone."

There's silence for a moment, the trio just staring at each other before Jay and Sunghoon break out into their  'I don't believe you' laughs. Jake rolls his eyes in annoyance, flopping back against his seat. He should have seen it coming from miles away.

"This isn't funny." He whines, arms crossing against his chest. "I'm being serious."

Sunghoon snorts, waving his hand in Jake's face. "You, Jake Sim, mr-I'm-too-much-of-a-coward-to-ask-anyone-out, met someone?"

Although Jake should be very, very offended by Sunghoon's words, he brushes past them because of how much he loves Sunghoon and just nods. Sunghoon stares at him, observing him, looking at him. Jake is an open book and his best friends know he can't lie to save his life, nor would he lie about his love life.

"Holy shit," Sunghoon mumbles once the realization smacks him in the face, swatting his boyfriend in the arm to get his attention. Jay looks over at him with a hum. "You're not lying, are you?"

Jake shakes his head. "I can't lie for the life of me. You both know that."

"Well shit."

"Yeah."

They sit in silence, glancing at each other every so often. Sunghoon and Jay look at each other, having a silent conversation with only their eyes. Jake hates when they do that. It's so freaky to even see. After a while they end... that, and turn to look at Jake. It seems like Sunghoon has officially handed the reins over to Jay. He stares at Jake hard, tongue prodding at the inside of his cheek.