𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

SUNGHOON and Jay are never early, so it comes as a bit of a shock when Jake enters the cafe and sees them situated at their regular table, heads pushed together while they laugh quietly at something on Jay's phone. It's like an unspoken rule that those two arrive at least ten minutes late to everything except classes. Jake stares, open mouthed and wide eyed as he shuffles over to the table. They must notice his feet as he sits down because suddenly, they're both looking up at him.

"You're early." He says through his exhale. "For the first time in forever."

Sunghoon scoffs and pulls away from Jay to point a crude finger at him, eyes narrowed. "You're acting like you've never been a little late to anything before."

Jake shrugs, depositing his bag onto the table. With a nonchalant expression he looks up at Sunghoon and he says,

"That's because I haven't. Name any event we've all been at."

Jay hums, crossing his arms on top of the table, staring into the depths of Jake's soul. "My graduation."

Jake rolls his eyes. "I was half an hour early."

Jay curses. "Sunghoon's graduation."

"Half an hour early, again."

Sunghoon smacks his hands onto the table, starling both Jake and Jay. "Jungwon's graduation?"

Jake grins. "An hour earlier. You guys suck at this, by the way. Give me a real challenge."

Sunghoon snarls. "Nishimura's graduation."

Jake stares at him and Sunghoon takes that as his win because he cackles, pointing a finger at Jake. "You can't say you were there because-"

"-Because Riki was homeschooled and didn't have a graduation. Also, his mom invited us over for dinner which you two were late for. While I was fifteen minutes early."

Sunghoon practically snarls at him before dropping back into his seat, an exasperated look on his face. Jay chuckles, running a hand through his hair, soothing his pouting boyfriend. Ew, Jake thinks. PDA.. Although he doesn't think he'd mind if a certain tall, dirty blonde guy with cheesy pick up lines ran a hand through his hair like that.

"What does it matter? Jake is just a time freak."

Jake scowls flipping Jay the bird which only gets him a laugh in return. He sighs, resting his back against the chair.

"I got his name, by the way," he mumbles, examining his nail beds with a disdained look. He looks up after hearing complete silence to find Jay and Sunghoon looking up at him. He grins evily.

"But I don't think I should tell you," he mumbles with a pout, giving his friends his best puppy eyes. "You guys are so mean to me."

Jay grimaces, leaning across the table to tap Jake's hand. "Just tell us. We're your friends, what's us being mean got to do with it, Jake-yah?"

Jake scowls, pushing Jay's hand away from him. "Whatever, you scrub. His name is Heeseung."

Sunghoon looks away, brow furrowed in concentration because he knows he's heard that damn name before.

"Lee Heeseung?" Jay asks, and Sunghoon has never snapped his head so quickly. Jake stares at him in shock and disgust while Jay doesn't pay him any mimd."He dated Sunoo last year, right babe?"

Sunghoon groans, nodding and looking up at Jake. "Worst relationship I've ever had to watch someone be in."

Jake cocks his head to the side in confusion, eyebrows drawn together. "What do you mean?"