𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

HEESEUNG loves to read. It comes as a shock to most people when he meets them for the first time because he doesn't look like the type to read, but it's true. He loves all types of books, ranging from thriller to horror fiction. Everyone he's met in the past year always asks "Why?"

Except Jake.

Since the moment they met, Jake hasn't asked any questions. It's kind of unnerving since Heeseung has the feeling (and knows) that Jake is a naturally curious person and he always looks like he wants to ask, but holds himself back.

They're sitting together under the cherry tree, sides pressed together and Jake's head resting on his shoulder as they share his headphones. Heeseung probably would have thought Jake was asleep if it weren't for Jake adjusting and pressing further against him every other minute.

"Jake, baby, are you sleepy?" he asks, shifting his body slightly so he can get a good look at Jake's face. Jake nods, humming softly and opening his droopy eyes to look up at Heeseung.

"Just a little bit," he mumbles. "But I wanna stay here with you for a little longer." he shifts to wrap one of his arms around Heeseung's neck and pulling into him into a soft kiss. "You taste like strawberries," he mumbles against Heeseung's lips, pulling away to lick at his own.

Heeseung giggles, patting Jake's hip and turning his head to continue reading his book. Heeseung hasn't been a Harry Potter fan for long but he's been pulled into the magical universe ever since he picked up the first book.

"Why do you read?" He hears Jake mumble softly. He pauses, eyes stuck to the page as he tries to figure out whether or not he actually heard Jake say that.

"I'm sorry," Jake rushes to say, pulling away from Heeseung's side to sit up, his face deathly pale and eyes wide."I didn't mean to pry or anything! You don't have to tell me."

"Jake. Jaeyun. Calm down." Heeseung says, pushing the book off to the side and cupping Jake's cheeks. "It's fine, okay? You don't have to freak out, okay?"

Jake nods, placing his hands over Heeseung's and taking a deep breath. "You'e right, I'm sorry."

Heeseung smiles, bringing their faces close together and bumping their noses together. "And you can ask me whatever you want, babe. I don't mind."

Jake grins, shuffling forward until he's halfway on Heeseung's lap, head resting on his chest. "So? Why do you read?"

Heeseung huffs, wrapping his arms around Jake's middle and pressing his cheek into Jake's dark hair. "It's entertaining, not anything big like you were probably expecting." Heeseung mumbles.

Jake hums. "Thank you for telling me anyway. I'm sleepy now. Can I stay at yours tonight?"

Heeseung chuckles, pressing a soft kiss to the top of Jake's head and patting at his back. "Sure, honey."

Hello <33 This chapter is so short bc, well, I have an ao3 acc dedicated to enha and that's where I write most of my stories lmao

Hello <33 This chapter is so short bc, well, I have an ao3 acc dedicated to enha and that's where I write most of my stories lmao. If you wanna check it out the username is [heeblasphemy] and if you've already had a chance to checkout my ao3, hii :pp