9 | Park

That weekend, Hinata decided to go out with Komaeda.

First, he took him to a park.

"This place is so beautiful!" He said. "I love nature so much, Hinata-kun." He lifted up his hand so a bird could land on it.

"Seems like nature loves you too,"

"Oh no, it's hurt," He pointed out, looking at the bird's wing. He moved it towards his face and gently kissed the wound. It quickly healed.

"Woah..." Hinata stared at the God. That's exactly what he was and it sunk in in that exact moment. He was the God of safety and he was standing right in front of Hinata in all his glory.

"You can go home to your wife and kids now," Komaeda told the bird.

"Birds don't get married,"

"Hahaha, you're so pessimistic,"

"I'm just realistic. Unnecessary optimism won't solve anything," Hinata explained.

"Not true. I believe hope always comes after despair. That means when something bad happens, something good will come after and when something good happens, something bad will come after. That's exactly why I met you out of all people, Hinata-kun!" He smiled brightly.

"Ouch."

The bird flew away. "Have a nice day!" Komaeda called out to it. "Say goodbye, Hinata-kun,"

"I'm not talking to a bird,"

"Tch." Komaeda crossed his arms and looked away.

Hinata sighed. This would be fun.

-

As they walked through the city a while later, a guy was following them. He got closer and closer. Hinata had his fist clenched, ready to attack if he tried anything.

Suddenly, he took Komaeda's bag- at least he tried to. Hinata had him pinned against a wall in no time.

"I saw that. Don't think you can just steal from him." He warned.

"Him?? He looked like a girl from behind! Then he probably doesn't even have anything expensive in his bag!" The guy exclaimed.

Hinata gripped his wrist tightly. "That doesn't make it any better." He let go of him and got back to the God.

Komaeda smiled. "You're the coolest man I've ever met," He said. "I really like you, Hinata-kun,"

"Thanks. What about your last protector? What was your relationship with them like?"

"I wonder what that guy would've said if I really had been a woman. Do you think he would have doubled down and tried to fight you? Would you have won?"

"Easily,"

"Really?"

"What? Do you want me to prove it to you?"

Komaeda thought about the offer. "No, thank you. I want to be surprised when you do have to fight someone,"

"Alright." Hinata nodded. "But you can trust my strength. I'm here for you and I'll protect you with my life,"

"When you say it like that it sounds a bit like you're going to sacrifice yourself. Please don't. If you get hurt-" he hesitantly grabbed one of Hinata's hands in his and rubbed his palm with his thumbs. "-I can simply heal you,"

"I never thought about that. Then I'm basically undefeatable!" He laughed.

"Don't get reckless, you fool!" Komaeda scolded. "Once you're dead, there's nothing I can do. But while you're alive, I promise to do everything in my power to keep it that way." He smiled softly.

Hinata lifted Komaeda's hand to his mouth and kissed it. "Thank you,"

Komaeda gulped. "Uhm, no problem,"