2 | Waking Up

Hinata took a step back. Shit... it was his first day and he had fucked up already!

The clover began hovering in the air, still glowing and shaking. It then grew immensely until it was the size of a human. It warped into the shape of one too. Then, it stopped glowing and a person landed on the table. Their skin was white as snow just like their hair. They were wearing a beautiful green kimono and traditional Japanese sandals and white socks.

They sat up and yawned, rubbing their eyes.

"...Hayate..?" They asked.

"Uh... no. I didn't mean to wake you up, sorry,"

"Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Uhm... no matter." They carefully got up. "I am Komaeda Nagito, God of safety,"

"Woah..." Hinata fell onto one knee. "I am Hinata Hajime. It is my duty to protect you with my life,"

"Hinata no Hajime... what a nice name!"

"No, just Hinata Hajime." He got up.

"Ah... what year is it?"

"2024,"

"Ahh??" He yelped.

"What's wrong?"

"...nothing. I am alright,"

"So... do you want to go back to sleep?"

"No, I want to explore earth again!" He said, smiling. "Hinata-san, will you show me around?"

He shook his head. "You gotta be kept safe at all costs. I don't think you should go out,"

"What? Am I supposed to stay here all day?"

"Either that or you go back to sleep,"

Komaeda frowned and crossed his arms. "Please?" He asked.

"I can't have you getting hurt. I shouldn't have let you out at all,"

"Are you a samurai?"

"No, those don't exist anymore,"

"Hm... Are you trained to protect me?"

Hinata nodded. "I trained every single day since I was 12 years old,"

"Then shouldn't you be able to protect me easily?"

"I... guess so. I don't wanna risk anything though,"

Komaeda clapped his hands together and a bunch of four-leaf clovers appeared in them. "Not even if I give you this?"

"No thanks,"

The God walked past Hinata and towards the door.

"Wait!" The brunet called out, running after him. The pale man left the apartment and began walking down the stairs. Hinata grabbed his wrist.

"I said don't go out!"

"Humans are so controlling... everyone's so controlling..." He whispered. "Please let go of me,"

"No. It's dangerous out there,"

"I am the God of safety, I will be alright,"

Hinata slowly let go. "I'm coming with you, okay?"

"I would love that!"

The two men left the apartment building. Komaeda took a deep breath and looked around, smiling brightly. He tried to run over the street, but was pulled back by Hinata.

"Careful! There's cars here,"

"Cars?"

Hinata pointed at one that was coming closer. "That. Those things are dangerous. Look left and right twice before crossing the street,"

"Alright. I will be careful." He looked at a group of girls that was passing by a few meters away. "Women can wear pants now? How amazing!"

"Yeah, I know. We're chill like that," Hinata bragged. "So, uh, what's being a God like?"

"It's a lot of fun! I am the youngest of the Gods though, so I get treated like a child even though I'm an adult already. Father is overprotective of me. He would kill you if he found out you let me walk around outside," Komaeda giggled.

"WHAT?!"

"Don't worry, that's his thing. He is just silly like that, do not take it personal,"

"We gotta go back!"

"Father is always busy, he will not find out. I promise,"

"What's he the God of anyway?"

"The God of weather,"

"Wouldn't want him to strike me with lightning," Hinata chuckled.

"He would. But I'll tell him not to, don't worry- Oh my gosh!! What is that??" He pointed at a fast food place.

"A restaurant where they sell burgers and stuff,"

"They sell what?"

"Burgers,"

"I've never heard of that. How exciting!! Hinata-san, would you be so kind as to introduce me to burgers?"

The brunet nodded. "Sure thing. Let's go,"