6 | Looking Around

"Come on, try to sing!" Mioda told Komaeda.

"No, I don't think I'll be any good at that..."

"Try it! It's so fun!"

"Well, what should I sing anyway?"

"Sing: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine," she demonstrated.

Komaeda nervously began. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine," He sounded kind of like a robot when he sang since he didn't know that he should try to hit the right notes.

"That's good for someone who just learned what music was!" Mioda smiled.

"So it was bad?"

"No! Nononono!!" She waved her hands around.

"I'm not good at singing either," Hinata said. "I only sing 'cause Mioda likes it when I do. Most people can't sing well,"

"Really?"

"For sure,"

"I thought your singing was nice," Komaeda said. "But then again, I don't know anything about music,"

Mioda sighed. "I don't get it. How can someone not know music?? A grown adult for that matter!!"

Hinata stepped in before Komaeda could reply. "You gotta understand, he grew up super sheltered from everything and everyone. Kinda like the Amish, you know? But stricter,"

"Stricter?? Why??!"

"His parents wanted to like keep him safe or something,"

"From music?"

"Yeah. From music and burgers and people his age, stuff like that. So he had no idea about the outside world,"

Komaeda nodded. "Very true!" He agreed.

"Your parents are too strict," Mioda said.

Suddenly, thunder roared through the city.

Komaeda looked up and chuckled.

"Hm?" Mioda asked.

"Nothing. Uhm, thanks for cheering me up," He smiled. "I feel much better now,"

"Ibuki is at your service! Now I gotta hurry up though, I ran outta my dentist appointment for this! Bye byeee!" She sprinted out of the apartment.

"...Sooo, was your dad listening to us?" Hinata looked out of the window.

"Maybe," Komaeda giggled again. "Like I said, he wants the best for me. He wants to make sure I hang out with people who treat me well now,"

"Now?" Hinata raised an eyebrow.

"Can I look around your apartment?" Komaeda changed the topic.

"Uh, sure." Hinata nodded.

The pale man smiled and went to Hinata's room. He was so curious! What type of did Hinata do in his freetime?

He opened the closet and looked at the clothes. Lots of white button-up t-shirts. Lots of jeans. He opened a drawer that was inside the closet.

"Oh? What's this?" He asked, picking up a pair of boxer shorts.

Hinata went into the room. His face turned red. "Put that down." He grabbed them and threw into the closet before slamming the doors shut. "I said you can look at my apartment, not go through my clothes,"

"I apologize. Uhm, what was that though?"

"Don't tell me you don't wear underwear." Hinata raised an eyebrow again.

"Of course I do! Mine just looks different. They don't have skulls, cars and fire on them,"

"You're judging me? Seriously?" Hinata chuckled.

"What? It looks silly!" Komaeda giggled.

"It doesn't look silly. It looks crazy intimidating. Imagine it's a hot summer night. I'm laying in bed with my beautiful wife-"

"-You don't have a wife-"

"-only wearing these. She goes 'Hajime, did you hear that? Someone's robbing us! I'm so scared I need my super cool husband to beat that guy up and then dip kiss me!' So I run out of the room, the robber sees me, screams like a little girl and then tastes this knuckle sandwich! Then, boom! I grab my wife and kiss her. She goes 'oh you're suuuuch a cool husband!' Easy as pie,"

Komaeda smiled. "You're so creative," He turned around and looked at Hinata's desk, done with the conversation.

"Was that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?!"