19 | Servant

Hinata's legs were getting tired from standing for so long. He had tried ripping off the chains for hours now, but to no avail. He was suffering quite a bit.

But the only one he was worried about was the God he had to protect. He kept calling out for him, hoping to hear that familliar 'Hinata-kun!' he always heard.

Nothing. Complete and utter silence.

Later, Genshi decided it would be a good idea to have her servants prepare an extravagant dinner for her and her friends.

"So fucking funny..." Hinata muttered. He was so, so hungry and the food looked so, so good.

"Ignore him, he's just grumpy 'cause I won't let him see his boyfriend," Genshi said to her guests, making them laugh.

Hinata's legs gave up under him, but the chains weren't long enough for him to be able to sit down, so he was hanging from his wrists, which hurt them. "Fuck you!" He yelled and shot at the table with his powers. "Let me go! You're a fucking weirdo keeping someone on your wall like this and locking your son away!"

She rolled her eyes and clapped. Hinata tried to insult her, but his voice was gone. His eyes widened.

"What..?" He tried to say, but there was only silence.

"Finally you shut up. You're nicer to look at than to listen to,"

One thing Hinata hated was authority and being told what to do. He had to be in control of himself and his life at all times or he would go crazy. He hated having to go to detention in school, so he always snuck out. He hated getting grounded, so he simply left his house as a teen. He hated being told to shut up, so he just kept talking. He hated being too embarassed to say something, so he was extremely blunt.

Now he couldn't sneak out and just leave. He couldn't just keep talking. He couldn't do anything.

One thing he hated more than being told what to do was crying. He felt hopeless and completely alone. He was just a university student. Why was he locked up in the underworld and being mocked by the Godess of death?

Still though, he wasn't gonna cry. He was not going to give her that satisfaction. There was no way in hell he would cry like a baby right now! No way!

...he really wanted to go home to his mom though...

After the dinner, Genshi approached him. "Are you hungry?"

Yes. He shook his head.

"Are you sure? I'll give you food if you want some,"

He shook his head again.

"Hm. Okay." She shrugged. "Let me know if you change your mind." She laughed. "Wait, you can't. You can't talk after all." She grabbed his face and he gritted his teeth. "You look like an angry dog- ARGH!! What's wrong with you?! Stop biting me!!" She shouted in pain. Hinata bit down as hard as he could on her hand. He tried to pretend it was a delicious burger with extra cheese and bacon and salad and... God, he was so hungry.

After a while, he let go. She had a deep bite mark on her hand. Angry, she grabbed him by his shoulders and kicked in between his legs.

"Fucking shit!" He would have cried out if he had a voice.

"Good night, Hajime." With that, she left and the room turned dark. It took a bit for his eyes to adjust to it. There was no way he could fall asleep in this position. His wrists were hurting a lot at this point.

To his surprise, the door opened and Komaeda stepped into the room. Hinata's eyes lit up. He had so many things he wanted to say, but no voice to say them.

Komaeda looked strange though. He had an iron collar around his neck with a chain hanging from it. He was wearing a white kimono and sandals. Hinata had never seen him wearing any of that before. Even stranger than his clothes though, was his reaction.

"Hello there," he said. "Ah, do you need any help?"

Hinata raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, did she mute you? That happens a lot. I could give you the antidote, but she would punish me again..." He sighed.

Hinata stood up, reached his leg out to him and pulled him closer with his foot. Then, he grabbed his face and stared at him, furious.

"Please do not break my skull."

"Bring me the antidote." He mouthed. "Or else I will fuck you-"

"Oh!"

"-up,"

"Oh." He nervously laughed. "Ah, sure, okay. But don't tell her it was me. I will be right back!" He hurried off and hurried back a short while later. "Drink this. Your voice will be back in not time." Hinata grabbed the bottle and drank from it.

"Thanks, Komaeda. Now what the hell were you talking about with getting punished? And did you not recognize me?"

"My name is servant. Komaeda-san is Genshi's son. I am not him. She created me in his image," Servant explained.

"She created a servant in her son's image?" He asked. "What a freak... Do you know how I can break these chains?"

"Raw strength is the only answer, I fear,"

"I managed to break the last ones like that, but these ones are on a whole other level,"

"You... broke the first ones? Wow, you must be a powerful demon!"

"Demon?? I'm a human!" Hinata exclaimed.

"Then how are you surviving in the underworld? Any human who enters without protection dies immediately,"

"I'm a protector myself if that makes any difference,"

Servant nodded. "I see. That makes sense,"

"Whatever. Where's Komaeda?"

"I don't know,"

"What? Then who knows?"

"Mistress Genshi," He replied.

"Great. Do you have a hunch where he is at least?"

Servant thought about it. "Hm. No,"

"Then can you at least tell me how to leave this place?"

"I don't know. I've been here all my life,"

"Damn, so you've been locked in for like 500 years?"

"I'm 20,"