23 | Aftermath

A few hours after his death, Haruto gently put a hand on Mrs. Hinata's shoulder.

"Hinata-san?" He asked.

"What?" She sniffled.

"Could I perhaps... take his body to the other Gods? I want to make sure his sacrifice will not be forgotten,"

"First you Gods kill him and now you want to take him fro me?!" She shouted, tears in her eyes. "That's my son! What if someone murdered Komaeda in cold blood and then wanted to steal him from you?!"

"I was not the one who did this. I understand your anger though, I-"

"You do not understand my anger!" She screamed. "My son was murdered right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it!"

"I do. Trust me, I do. I had to watch someone do something horrible to my child and wasn't allowed to interfere. I understand you, Hinata-san. I promise. And I want to make sure his death doesn't go unpunished,"

She hesitantly nodded. "Fine. But bring him back to me so we can have a proper funeral."

"I will. I promise." He pointed at Hinata and he disappeared with a flash of light. So did Komaeda. He didn't go home though, he fled into the clover once again. He wanted to escape the pain and suffering.

The clover didn't let that happen though. It was filled with all his worst memories. The memories that made him try to flee in the first place.

He was floating in a white void. He closed his eyes, wanting to sleep.

"Little God," Hayate whispered. "Forget about him. I'm still here,"

Komaeda pressed his hands against his ears.

"Little God," He whispered again. "Don't ignore me,"

"Shut up! I fell asleep here before and I'll do it again!" He hissed.

"Little God," right into his ear. "I'm going to have you. One way or another, you will be mine,"

"Stop!" He shouted and left the clover. He found himself on the field of flowers in his place. Last time he was here it was with Hinata.

-

"Ah, master Kamukura?" Servant asked.

The dark-haired man had been staring at a wall for hours.

"I... is there anything I can do for you? To make you feel better?"

"Not unless you can bring me back my brother,"

"I... apologize." He looked down and sighed.

Hinata's father was watching a football game on the TV with his wife. "We... we always used to play football when he was a kid..." he muttered. "I can't believe this... Everything was fine a few hours ago. How did this all get so messed up?"

"I don't know... I really don't,"

-

Hinata's body was laid down on a table.

"This is him. Hinata Hajime sacrificed his life for the God he was destined to protect," Haruto said. "Kyoshiro-sama." He looked up at the God of all Gods. "You know what I want you to do. Right?"

"I do." They nodded. "That does not mean I will comply though,"

"Kyoshiro-sama, please." He begged. "He was a great man. My son loved him. Don't just let him be forgotten,"

"How important is this to you?"

Haruto got onto his knees and folded his hands together. "Please! Kyoshiro-sama, please, I'm begging you!"

"Hm."