Chapter 33

Yeji

It was almost the end of the aquarium tour but Yeji's energy was still the same when they started. She has been eyeing this place for months but couldn't get a reservation, so she was surprised that Ryujin was able to pull it off.

While exploring the place, she would feel Ryujin's eyes on her every few minutes. She would pretend not to notice when the other girl smiles at her reactions to the big fish or the fancy looking starfish in the dome; the hand on her lower back when they're entering a room that's a little darker than the others; the not-so-subtle resistance to let go of each other's hands when there's a line and they need to break away; the soft chuckles; and the natural teasing tones.

Is this what it's like to get the real Ryujin? I'll take more of this, then.

Yeji thought as they were rounding the souvenir shops at the end of the tour.

"I should get a few of these for Chaeryeong, Yuna, Lia, and the others."

"Yeah, they would like that. But-"

Ryujin paused.

"Would you tell them that we went here together?"

She asked quietly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Yeji looked at the other girl quizzically.

"I mean... on a date. That we went here on a date."

The feline eye paused and gathered her thoughts.

"Hmm. I think they pretty much knew it'd be leading here, to be honest." She started. "But if it will ease your mind, I'm happy to tell them that we are indeed dating."

She paused.

"Right?"

Ryujin didn't try to hide the blush that crept on her cheeks.

"Y-yes. We're on a date. We're dating."

Yeji flashed a soft smile and reached out for the brunette's hand.

"Okay."

Ryujin squeezed her hand lightly.

"Okay."

Ryujin

Several days after the date, the two found themselves in the middle of questioning during their group dinner. But really, it was mostly because the couple have tried to avoid going out with them for as long as they can because they'd know they'll be the center of the conversation.

"I'm just really glad Ryujin didn't fumble this time." Lia joked.

Ryujin blushed and glared at her best friend.

A few more joking remarks from the rest of the group, and the afternoon was filled with laughter and exchanging stories. They shared their plans after graduation and made goals to still connect and stay in each others' lives.

Ryujin would glance lovingly at Yeji who was sitting across the table, not bothering to hide anymore how much she adores the girl. She would catch Minjeong looking at her in an approved expression, as if saying, you finally got the girl.

Heck she did. She would be lying if she says that this isn't the most exhilarating thing that has happened to her. Because it was. And she's both amused and scared that there might not be another thing in this lifetime that will top this one.

Yeji

Everyone decided to call it a night at around 8PM, and Ryujin was holding her hand as they walked to her car.

A lot of times, Yeji would still be taken aback by how natural they blend in together. They would, without second thoughts, hug the moment they see each other in the spots where they agreed to meet. Ryujin would automatically plop down in her spot on the sofa, as she always did, whenever she enters Yeji's dorm. The random embrace whenever something good happens, the unwavering eye contact, and the soft smiles.

People from school have taken notice, too. They both had reputations, after all. Although on opposite ends, most of the people who know them were probably baffled on how they ended up dating each other .

They would laugh at the weird stares and the not-so-subtle whispers when they walk in the halls holding hands.

Sometimes, when alone, Yeji would giggle to herself – wondering how she got into this good of a thing. She would think hard and go back to those nights when she was wishing that she had never felt this at all.

"What a turn of events." She was brought back to her consciousness by Ryujin's remark.

"Hmm?"

The brunette smiled at her.

"This. Us."

"Hmmm. Yeah." She smiled back.

The rest of the car ride to Yeji's dorm was silent and comfortable.

Yeji scooted closer so she's leaning at Ryujin's shoulder – close enough to feel her skin but not too close to distract her from driving. Although, if she's being honest, she could hear the other girl's accelerated heartbeat from where she was at.

She grinned to herself and closed her eyes until they reached their destination.

"Yeji-ah."

She heard the other girl whisper lightly.

The nap felt so good that she didn't want to open her eyes just yet.

"Yeji-ah." Ryujin repeated.

She was about to open her eyes when she heard the unexpected endearment.

"J-jagiya."

She jolted awake and saw Ryujin frozen in place – eyes almost bulging out.

Yeji gathered herself first and smirked.

"Jagiya?" She teased.

"I-I was..."

She waited, but the brunette couldn't seem to think of an excuse.

"You were what?" Yeji couldn't help the grin that broke up on her face. "Trying it out?"

Ryujin couldn't meet her eyes and so she decided to scoot away and head for the passenger seat's door.

"Well, we're here." She remarked as she climbed out of the car. She paused before closing the door completely.

"It sounded nice, you know. Jagiya."

She closed the door before waiting for Ryujin's answer and chuckled.

She heard the brunette's footsteps catching up to her by the unit's door.

"D-did you mean it?"

Yeji raised her eyebrows – an amused smile still playing on her face.

"That it sounded nice? S-so you're okay with me calling you J- that?"

"Hmmm."

She paused.

"But am I? Your baby?"

Ryujin's brain seemed to have malfunctioned upon hearing the question and had to take three deep breaths before recovering.

"I-want you to."

Yeji hummed for the nth time.

"Well, all you have to do is ask."

She winked as she motioned to open the door.

"Will you come in?"

Yeji proceeded inside as she left the door a tiny bit ajar.