Together Again - Denver Barkey

"I miss you, D." Ainsley pouted through the phone camera. She was on facetime with Denver, who was in London, Ontario for hockey.

He sighed. "I know, baby. Believe me. I miss you so much." While Denver is in London, Ainsley was forced by her parents to stay in Newmarket.

But what Ainsley didn't know was Denver's plan. His plan to drive the two hour drive from London to Newmarket just to see her. She's always suffered from separation anxiety with him and when he left to London, even just two hours away, it took a toll on her. So he told her to call him whenever she needed, and she always did.

"I need to go. I'll talk to you in a few hours, Ains, okay?" Denver said. Ainsley pouted but nodded. He hung up and smiled softly to himself as he closed the trunk of his car.

Halfway point

Denver got bored as he hit the one hour mark. Yeah, it hadn't been that long, but it was a boring drive. So he called Easton.

"Yo." Easton's voice rang through the speakers of his car. "You there yet?"

"Halfway." Denver sighed. "It's boring though and I would normally call Ainsley but, you know, she can't know I'm on my way home" Easton hummed in understanding.

"Actually, this is really good timing." Easton said. "Allison is coming over to my place in a few minutes and I can't decide whether to watch 50 First Dates or Blended." Denver started laughing. "Shut up man!"

"Well, knowing Allie, go with Blended." A slight chuckle was still in his tone as he spoke, but Easton ignored it.

"Thanks. Look, as much as I'd love to sit here and talk about random shit, Allie just got here." Denver sighed but said okay before they both hung up.

Ainsley's house

Denver smiled when he got out of his car, the familiar architecture of his girlfriend's house making him feel lighter than he has in a while. Ainsley looked out the window when she heard a car and grinned when she saw her boyfriend. She stood up and ran out of the house only in her socks and jumped into his arms.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?" Her tone was filled with excitement as she clung to him tightly while he spung her around.

"I came here to surprise you." A smile was in his tone as he shoved his face into her hair. 

"I missed you. So much." Ainsley whispered, her head in his neck.

"Not as much as I missed you." Denver whispered back, kissing her head and hugging her tighter as the two relished in the moment. Nothing else. Just Denver and Ainsley together again.

***

I LOVE DENVER BARKEY SO MUCH. HE'S MY FAV ONTARIO POOKIE OF MY MILLION POOKIES. (Besides my fav pookie, yk who you are pooks)

This is short but I wanted to get it out of my drafts and finished before I deleted it completely.

WC: 486