Too Bad, So Sad - Dawson Mercer (Part 2.2)

ALTERNATE ENDING NUMBER 2!

After a few weeks, Briar's sister told her she needed to leave since she had company coming over for a few days and she couldn't have Briar there. So she went to the only place she could think of. The Hughes apartment.

Jack welcomed Briar in with open arms while Luke was more than happy to have her anywhere that wasn't with Dawson, especially with him and his brother. They put her in the guest bedroom and told her she could stay as long as she wanted. Briar was grateful for them and took up their kind offer.

Luke was always out with Lacey, so she and Jack spent a lot of time together. He told her that he broke up with his now ex girlfriend, Carla, a few weeks ago after they decided to just be friends. It was on good terms and they're still close. Hell, he even helped her out a bit when she needed advice on her crush, who is now her new boyfriend.

The one problem is that Briar has developed a small crush on Jack. Yeah, it's only been a few weeks since she left Dawson after he used her, but she couldn't help it. He was so nice to her and helped her with everything she needed. Even if it was just hanging out, he was there for her. But he could never like her back, right?

But he could. Jack knows damn well he likes Briar. She's so kind and sweet, how anyone could ever use her for money is beyond him. Even though she's been through a lot, she always listened to him after he and Carla ended things.

When Jack told Briar about his feelings for her, they started dating. To say Luke was thrilled would be an understatement. He already loves her like a sister and he can't wait for her to be his sister in law.

"Hey, Bri?" Jack asked her a few days later, sitting at the kitchen island while she made herself coffee.

"What's up?" She replied with a smile, turning her attention to him.

"Do you wanna go public?" His tone was nervous as he spoke. Hockey fans could be ruthless, and he would understand if she didn't want to.

"Sure!" Briar said with excitement. "Then I can finally post the meme photos I have of you." She joked.

Jack rolled his eyes. "Uh, no you won't." He teased.

"What will you do, hm?" She said with a grin.

"I'll chase you!" He yelled jokingly, running after her as she ran down the hallway.

Luke was walking out of his room after just waking up, rubbing his eyes when he felt a body hide behind him. Looking over his shoulder, he saw Briar hiding behind him and already knew she was hiding from his brother. Proving his suspicions, Jack came running down the hallway with a massive grin on his face.

"Have you seen Briar?" Jack asked, playing along with Bri's spot.

"Hmm..nope." Luke replied, too tired for their bullshit.

"BOO!" Bri yelled as she jumped out from behind Luke and into Jack's arms.

Jack grinned and held her tightly as he walked back to the kitchen and tickled her. Briar squirmed and laughed loudly. After a few minutes, they were cuddled on the couch, scrolling through Jack's pictures of them before choosing the perfect one of them.

 After a few minutes, they were cuddled on the couch, scrolling through Jack's pictures of them before choosing the perfect one of them

jackhughes✔️
Caption: hard launch because this is the love she deserves. Mercer wouldn't know, right buddy?
Liked by lhughes_06, _quinnhughes and 478k others
Tagged: firebriar

Comments:

@lhughes_06✔️: *cue tiktok* MAMA AND PAPA, MAMA AND PAPA

@dawson1417✔️: bro what the fuck?
@firebriar: dawson1417 jackhughes JUMPSCARE
→→@jackhughes✔️: firebriar IT'S A RAT

@nhl✔️: can we have more information on the Dawson Mercer situation?
@jackhughes: nhl happily

---

Briar grinned when she saw the comment from the NHL page. Jack laughed loudly and looked at Briar. They both knew that this wouldn't go over well with the league.

"He's so fucked." Briar laughed. Jack nodded in agreement.

"Who is?" Luke asked the couple as he is walked in with a bowl of cereal and a protein shake.

"Mercer." Bri answered him, still laughing. Luke joined in.

You might think Briar would be Dawson's biggest hater, but it's really Luke. When he found out what happened, he asked Green to switch him off Dawson's line. Whenever Luke sees him, he gives him dirty looks before turning away. Luke never talks to him anymore either.

Jack excused himself to go contact the league about the situation. He knew that this would screw over Dawson now, but he didn't care. The public knows now that Dawson did something and is all over him asking for answers and why he was such an asshole. But he deserves it.

A few days later

Dawson ended up getting suspended from the league and his contract was put on waivers for what he did. Briar never felt more happy. When he asked her why she would do that, she replied with four words:

Too bad, so sad.

***

Alternate ending number 2! Look at me being somewhat active again.

Requested by 1ddirectioner93

WC: 859