Just A Dare - Dawson Mercer (PART 1)

TW: dating simply for a dare (DAWSON IS A BITCH IN PART 1 BTW)

Briar just had a long day at work and she was looking forward to nothing but cuddling with Dawson on the couch and watching a movie. But when she walked in, she heard something that made her heart drop to her stomach.

"Yeah, man. I'm breaking up with her tomorrow." Dawson laughed loudly on the phone to someone. "Easiest $300 I've made in my life." He continued on.

Tomorrow..tomorrow is..her birthday..

Briar was shocked at the statement. However, rather than confronting him, she ran out the door, being sure to slam the door on the way out. Dawson's head shot up at the sound and he shrugged, continuing to talk to Dougie on the phone.

The girl ran to her car and drove. She didn't even have a set destination, she just continued on the paved road until she was out of Newark and headed for her sister's house nearby.

The next day

Briar had gotten to her sister's house that night and her sister was more than happy to take her in during this time. When she had gotten there, the first thing she did was block Dawson. She blocked him on messages, Instagram, anywhere you could imagine.

But before she had done that, she texted him. It was a long paragraph at that. The paragraph stated everything she had to say about the situation she had discovered the night prior. All he responded with was a laughing emoji and 'okay.' 

Briar was shocked but blocked him at last and threw her phone onto the bed. Her sister's German Shepherd, Asher, pranced in and jumped on the bed, laying with Bri as if he knew that's what she needed right now. And she was more than happy to cuddle that puppy all night long.

Fast forward to now, the morning after, Briar was still in shock. How could she not have known? Throughout the last two years, all she was, was a dare? Not only that, but to think he was going to break up with her and tell her what she was to him on her birthday of all days? She couldn't believe it. 

Her sister had checked on her that morning but discovered that she was probably not going to leave her room for the rest of the day other than essentials, hopefully at least essentials. So she left the room, telling the girl she'd be downstairs if she needed anything.

But Briar knew that she wouldn't leave. Despite it being her birthday, all she wanted to do was lay in bed for the rest of the day. Afterall, she was just a dare, wasn't she?

With Dawson

"Thanks, man." Dawson said, patting Dougie's shoulder as he handed him the $300.

Although Briar had found out in the end, it didn't matter. Dougie had already agreed on giving Daws the money, so he got it. No regrets flowed through either of their minds as to Dawson, that was the easiest $300 he had ever made. No regrets, as mentioned, but did Dawson begin having second thoughts about what he did, despite the money..?

***

I hate how I ended this. But my imagines are getting a bit longer again!

The people who voted said Dawson, so here we go. Second part will be released at some point.

WC: 549