Chapter 13 - Disputes

“More Please!!” Naruto and Sasuke yelled in unison as they stood  holding their plates out, there was a short pause as they glared at each other, I frowned as they once again turned to the side and threw up.

Idiots.

I looked at them with a disgusting look  fixated on the two.  “Stop eating if you’re just going to throw it all up, that’s wasting food!” Sakura scolded.

Sasuke shook his head. “Now, I want to eat!” I looked over at Naruto who was shaking his head as well. “…Because, even if we make ourselves sick to do it, we need to get strong!” 

I shook my head and moved my plate from me, losing my appetite after the recent event of them shoving food down their throats.

   My eyes began to wonder around the dinning room, bored out my mind. Glancing around the room, my eyes glided across a photo, with a group of people  smiling but it seemed as if one guy’s face had been tore from the rest. Huh?

“Hey…what’s up with this picture?” I asked gaining stares from everyone in the room. My face heated up with embarrassment. “It’s just a question…” I murmured.

“Yeah, someone's face is missing…” Sakura said reaching over and lifting the frame and getting a closer look at it. I looked over at Inari who seemed too quiet, I hadn’t even noticed he was here until now. His face seemed to fall as he averted his eyes, from my curious stare.

      “It was a picture of Inari’s father…” Tsunami said without even looking up at us. “Once…our village called him…a hero…” Tazuna said as he looked down.

Inari shot up and threw back his chair and stomped away from the dinner table. “Inari, where are you going?” His mother shouted after him.  But he just kept on walking away.

Tsunami sighed heavily as she turned to her father with tired eyes. “Father, how many times must I ask you not to speak of that in front of him!” she said airily as she glared at Tazuna. *He seemed quite upset…* Really? Aki said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

   “…I wonder what happened…” I said loudly instead of in my head. This seemed to upset Tsunami. “Oops sorry I didn’t mean t-” “No…its okay…” she said giving me a weak smile.

“You see, the man in the picture isn’t Inari’s birth father, but they were as loving and so close to each other, that he might as well have been Inari’s birth father… He was such a happy child back then…” Tsunami stated wiping a stray tear from the corner of her eye.

    “…But…he changed… after what happened to his father” Tazuna finished for her. I tilted my head a little and opened my mouth to say something but closed it when Tsunami began speaking.

“Our people were robbed of the very meaning of courage because of what happened the day…the day they…” Tsunami stopped not able to finish her sentence.

It seemed like a while, and I couldn’t wait any longer I had to speak up. “Uh, what happened? What made Inari change so much?” I asked anxiously.