Chapter 10 - Training

~Next Day~

The sun shining through the window, had the nerve to beam brightly. Causing my eyes to flutter open at the sudden flare. I groan in annoyance as I got up, scratching the top of my head I headed to the bathroom.

     Looking into the mirror I gasped sharply and suddenly felt to stifle a scream. Placing my hand firmly on my mouth I stopped myself just in time. I looked in the mirror once again. Nearly slapping myself in the face for my stupidity I remembered that I had removed my stripes, making me look a tad different.

     “How could I make such dumbass mistake…and forget that kind of stuff…” I huffed quietly to myself.

*

      I walked into the small dinning, seeing my teammates already there. “finally…” I heard Naruto mumble. I raised an eye brow at him. “We were waiting for you, so we can start our training…”

Whoops, must’ve slipped my mind… “Oh…sorry…I guess…” Kakashi got up from his chair. “Now then, since you’re awake at this moment, and we’re all here…lets start our training…lets go….” He said as he began leaving, we followed right after him, into the forest…

*

   I looked around us there was a clear opening and tall huge trees  stood around it. It seemed like an ideal place to train.

“Okay, what now?” Naruto asked.

“You see those trees?” Kakashi said pointing at the rather tall lanky trees. I narrowed my eyes at them. *Why would he be talking about trees when we’re going to train…?* I asked my self.

“Well, what about ‘em…” I asked still staring at the trees. “I want you guys to climb them…” He said simply. I turned around, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. “Whoa, that’s it? Climbing? That’ll be easy! Believe It!” Naruto shouted. Kakashi shook his head. “No, not exactly…you have to do it…without using your hands…” He finished causing Naruto to do an anime fall.

   “WHAT!?” *Hmmm, seems simple enough…* I thought as I shrugged my shoulders. “Whaa…how are we gunna do that!?” Naruto shouted over to Kakashi.

“Simple…” He started as he began walking over to the tree. “Focus your chakra…” I pretty much zoned out a bit after that…*I already KNOW this stuff!* Heheh, I bet you do… Aki chuckled.

*Yeah, I DO… All that intense training wasn’t for nothing…you stupid cat…*Loser… *Ha-Ha! Nothing better to say…huh?* Whatever…Just pay attention to your sensei, I’m taking a nap… “Akita…were listening…?” Kakashi asked pulling me back into reality.

    “Huh? What?” I asked dumbfounded. “Were you listening?” He arched an eye brow at me. “I-I…uhh, yeah…I was listening…every word loud in clear!” I lied. He didn’t seem like he was buying it. “Mhm, So you wouldn’t mind demonstrating…right?” I could tell that he had a mocking smile under that stupid mask of his.Heheh…He’s mocking you… Aki laughed. *Shut Up! Aren’t you suppose to be sleeping?* Aren’t you suppose to be climbing a tree… He threw back. I furrowed my eye brows, then looked up at Kakashi-Sensei… “I-uh, yeah…I CAN demonstrate…” I muttered as I walked past Kakashi and towards the tree. I stopped in front of it. I sighed as I closed my eyes and focused my chakra. A minute went by…

   “Well?” I heard an impatient voice say. It came from Sasuke.

I ignored the rude tone in his voice and slowly opened my eyes. I exhaled and lifted my foot from the ground. Gently placing it on the tree, I did the same with the other one. I was officially vertical. I closed my eyes as I took another step, and then another.

   “Wow! She’s doing it! She’s actually doing!” I heard Naruto cheer. I couldn’t help but let a small smile creep onto my lips. I was now half way up the tree, almost at the top until… “Try Not Slip! Or Look Down!” At that moment I did exactly that. Looking down at the person who had randomly shouted that and made me lose my concentration. Damn Naruto!

   I started losing my grip, and slid down the tree, like a bag of rocks that had been thrown into a small river.

 I was too high up, and falling way too quickly, so I couldn’t ready myself for the impact. That imbecile! A fall from this height could break almost all my bones! I tightly closed my eyes, waiting for the dreadful impact that I so deserved for not training all these years…

   But…nothing came… I slightly open my left eye to see what was up. I gasped as my eyes landed on…