LIFE 30

ROUNAN could not stop smiling even in her sleep. This was not just a dream anymore. Despite the fear of uncertainty of the future, she had decided to spend the rest of her life with Wei Ting, the love of her life. It was snowing at the outside but Rounan felt warm inside Wei Ting's arms. They were spooning on the bed, both were still inside their own dreamland. However, the crease formed on Rounan's forehead when she started feeling discomfort around her belly.

She ignored it at first, deciding to stay in her dreamland. Few minutes later, the discomfort came again. This time, the intensity increased and forced Rounan to leave her sweet dream. It was 4 in the morning when she glanced at the clock wall. Wei Ting was still in his dreamland. He remained unmoving when Rounan pushed his arm away from her waist. Probably she needed to take a dump, but another wave of discomfort hit her until she winced in pain. This was not just a discomfort. She was actually having the contraction pain.

"Wei Ting Ge," Rounan gripped his arm and shook it to wake him from the sleep. No response from him. Rounan bit her lips to endure the pain that lasted about 30 seconds. She was very sure that she was having a regular contraction pain.

"Ge!" this time Rounan gripped his arm harder, making Wei Ting jolted from his sleep.

"Why? What happen? What is going on?" he was sleepy and confused at first. However, seeing Rounan wincing in pain, he instantly sober.

"What happen?" seeing Rounan was pressing her belly in pain, Wei Ting touched her back. Rounan was not able to answer until her contraction subsided.

"I think I'm having contraction pain," Wei Ting's eyes widened after hearing that. Panic etched on his face, causing him to be dumbfounded for few seconds before he finally could register what was happening. He finally pressed the 'Help' button at the head of bed.

"They will be coming in seconds," Wei Ting tried to remain calm yet his face turned pale when his palm touched the bed. Why the bed felt damp? He pushed away the blanket, realizing that Rounan had another episode of leaking as there was huge watermark stain on her pink hospital dress. Wei Ting was speechless, so did Rounan. Was she going to give birth in anytime soon? Few minutes later, one female nurse came to check on their condition.

"What can I help you with?" the tall blonde hair nurse asked politely while checking on Rounan's condition.

"I think I am having contraction pain," Rounan informed, clenching her lips when another wave of contraction hit her.

"Stay calm, Mommy. The doctor will attend you in a while," the nurse tried to ease Rounan's nervousness by rubbing her back. At the same time, the nurse requested Wei Ting to wait at outside the room for a while because she had to prepare Rounan the examination later. Wei Ting obliged.

"Don't worry. I'll be at outside," he squeezed Rounan's hand, kissing her temple before he leaving the room. Few seconds later, the doctor arrived to check on Rounan. Wei Ting checked the time on his phone screen. It had been only a minute since the doctor entered the room, yet he felt like years waiting outside the room. After a while, the nurse came out and informed that the doctor would like to see him.

Wei Ting rubbed his sweaty palms on both side of his pants before entering the room. He even could hear his own heartbeat that thumping erratically. The sight of Rounan was lying on the bed with two probes on her rounded tummy greeted Wei Ting's sight once he entered the room.

"Doctor, how is my wife?"

"Mrs. Chan is currently in labour. She is 4cm dilated and the membrane that surrounding the baby already ruptured. We will move her into labour suite in a while," the doctor named Linda explained the current situation. They had been informed beforehand the possible complications of Rounan's condition where there was a failure of prolonging the pregnancy to term if the labour progress spontaneously. Wei Ting just nodded before the doctor excused herself to leave.