LIFE 29

ROUNAN frowned in her sleep and opened her eyes few seconds later. She did not know when she had fallen asleep, but the hospital room was dimmed and quiet. What time is it now? She tried to move around but something was holding her hand. She looked at the side. Wei Ting was falling asleep beside her bed, and only used his arms as the pillow. One of his hands was still holding hers, even though the grip was loose. Rounan felt a tug in her heart.

She believed it was more comfortable to sleep on the couch, but Wei Ting chose to stay closed to her. Rounan glanced at the clock wall. It was 2 in the morning. Then she threw her gaze outside the window. It was snowing at the outside. Even though the heater inside the room was working well, why Wei Ting's skin was cold? Rounan gently touched his hair, recalling the moment where he had proposed her this evening. She felt surreal. The man she loved finally proposed her.

She should feel happy. She should tell the world this happy news. Wei Ting really loved her. And she loved him. Should not two people in love get married and live happily ever after? And why she hesitated to accept his marriage proposal? Wei Ting frowned in his sleep when she gently caressed his cheek. Few seconds later, he woke up from his sleep.

"Oh, you awake! Do you need anything?" he rubbed his heavy-lidded eyes while peeking at the clock wall behind him. Did Rounan need to use toilet? Or was she hungry? They had fruits in the fridge if she wants it.

"I need to pee," she said casually, not feeling shy anymore. As her tummy grew bigger, she needed to use toilet more frequent. Wei Ting helped her to get down from the bed and put the slippers on her feet. He had always been so sweet to her, so attentive and caring.

"Don't forget to check your pad,"

"I know," she replied shortly when he reminded her to check her pad, to see if her water still leaking or not. So far, her pad was still dry. After Rounan finished her business in the toilet, she stepped out and saw Wei Ting was preparing a warm milk for her. He, the man who had decided to leave everything behind just to be with her. He even sacrificed his dream for her. So, was his efforts and sacrifices not enough for Rounan to accept him as her husband? Does he need to jump off the cliff for her to say 'Yes' to him?

"Drink this," he passed the glass to her.

"Thank you,"

"Do you need anything else?" he asked after she finished her milk. He took the glass from Rounan and put it away on table. Rounan did not reply him and just lying down back on the bed. Wei Ting helped her with the blanket.

"GeGe, I need something," Rounan looked at him when he brushed away the strand of hair on her face.

"What is it? Do you feel hungry?"

"No," she shook her head. Then what she wanted? Wei Ting frowned when Rounan opened her arms, as if she wanted him to fall inside her embrace.

"I need you to keep me warm," that request had pulled a smile on his face. Rounan had gotten used of sleeping inside his arms. She felt incomplete and started missing his warmth against her body. If not because of Rounan's current condition, Wei Ting might do more than just hugging her throughout this cold night. Oh, he loved the most when she breathed heavily in his ear, her soft cries and moans when he entered her and he loved watching her coming for him.

"Hurry up. I am so cold right now," she pretended to shiver when he remained stiff at his place. Wei Ting surrendered watching Rounan started pulling a sulky face.

"Okay, okay. I am coming," the hospital bed was spacious enough to accommodate another person. So, Wei Ting slipped underneath blanket and pulled Rounan inside his arms. Rounan happily snuggled against his chest, inhaling his masculine scent. Wei Ting hugged her closer.