LIFE 20

ROUNAN knew that her decision to keep her pregnancy as the secret from Wei Ting would receive the objections from many people, especially from her mother. When her family paid a surprise visit to her place a month ago, she had disclosed her pregnancy to them. They were taken aback by the news yet they still managed to remain calm. Not until after she revealed the identity of the baby's father.

Truthfully, her parents had nothing against Wei Ting. They really felt grateful to him for always taking care of Rounan, but the idea of Wei Ting becoming a part of their family had never crossed their minds. It was because they never considered Wei Ting as the potential husband for their daughter. Her mother, Mrs. Zhang had always preferred a man like Zixin to be her husband.

"Then, what is next? Is he going to take responsibility?" Mrs. Zhang asked after her erratic breathing returned to normal.

"He doesn't even know about it. I wish to keep this pregnancy as a secret from him," her revelation once again almost had caused Mrs. Zhang to get heart attack.

"Zhang Rounan! What is wrong with you?!" Mrs. Zhang cried out frustratedly. She even hit Rounan's back, completely forgetting that her daughter was pregnant. Rounan was quiet as tears ran down her cheeks. She knew that she had brought huge disappointment to her family but at this moment, she was desperately hoping that they could understand her heart. Her other two sisters did not dare to speak a word right now.

"Yin Xi! Enough!" suddenly Mr. Zhang spoke firmly, causing his wife to stop hitting their daughter. She looked at Mr. Zhang in dissatisfaction, but she did not dare to argue with him. She had lived with him more than three decades to understand that kind of tone. Mrs. Zhang moved away from Rounan who was still quiet in her seat.

"Rounan...," Mr. Zhang's tone changed into soft as he gently touched his daughter's hand. Rounan was too ashamed to look at her father's eyes right now.

"Although most of us are disagree with your decision, but I believe that you have given the careful and deepest thoughts about it. You are mature enough to make decision in your life. So whatever decision you have made, I will give you my support," Rounan lifted her face up and looked at Mr. Zhang in disbelief.

"Zhang Hen Lei!" Mrs. Zhang was completely disagreed with her husband. How could he let his daughter raise up the baby alone in the future? He should ask Wei Ting to take responsibility, not let him slipped away and go to Hollywood just like that. She wanted to argue but once again Mr, Zhang used his authority as the head of family to stop his wife from making their daughter's life more complicated.

"Dad..." Rounon had no word to describe how grateful she was right now. Even though she was closer to Mrs. Zhang and share most of her problems with her mother, surprisingly Mr. Zhang always the one who understand her better than anyone else in her family. She went to hug Mr. Zhang tightly and cried inside his embrace.

Now Rounan was at her hometown, Wenzhou, paying visit to her family before she was scheduled to leave the country in next two weeks. She had to leave before everyone noticed her growing tummy. It was one of the toughest decisions she had made in her life, considering she would leave behind thousands of questions to the netizen, especially to Wei Ting and Zixin.

Truthfully, she was more concerned about Zixin because the media would surely chase after him just to get the news about her. However, her management had reassured her that they would handle everything and protect Zixin as well.

"You shouldn't stay at outside for too long," Rounan startled when Mr. Zhang suddenly appeared from behind, putting the knitted cardigan on her back to keep her warm. It was Fall season, and the weather was usually freezing cold at nights.