Part 20

Damian was trying to calm his racing heart in the helicopter. Everything turned so fast.

At first their plan was working perfectly. They managed to infiltrate the base by knocking out two of the servants who were the same size as them. since they were familiar with the system it was easy.

The league took some children and trained them to become servants. They were usually orphans or street kids no one would be looking for and didn't have the potential to become assassins.

The servants all dressed the same. A loose, long-sleeved shirt and pants, and they had to use face and hair cover. The goal was for them to be forgettable. There were different types of servants.

There were those who were tasked with cooking, cleaning, and those who had special tasks like working in medical section, prisons, etc.

Each group wore a different color. Those who had a higher ranking which was either due to experience or talent were in charge of their group. They were the only ones who didn't cover their face and hair.

They also had their own small room while others shared a room. it was all to take away their sense of identity. The lower servant were not allowed to talk. They all had to look the same. They only existed to serve and weren't allowed to be different. They all had to follow the same routine. They didn't even have names.

They were also higher-ranking servants serving high-ranking members directly. They were in charge of providing all their master's needs. They were sometimes even granted a name by their master.

Damian was wearing gray clothing, which meant he was going to be a cleaner, and Cain was wearing blue, so she would work in the kitchen. They each had a role to fulfil.

It was all too easy for the two trained assassins to fulfill their job. Damian planted a few small bombs in hidden places. They were meant as distractions.

Cain put sleeping drugs in league members' food. She also added a little surprise because she could.

Their plan was simple and it worked. After the dinner was served and people were eating Damian sneaked into the prisoner's guard room and pushed the emergency button that opened all cells.

Chaos ensued. Alarm bells were ringing and people were running. Damian knocked the people in his way and headed for the security room. he knew Cain would be ready to get to the other room so when he was position he sent a signal with his watch.

They both attacked, and it wasn't hard to overwhelm the guards who were drugged and, to Damian's horror, had shit themselves. It turned out that Cain added strong Laxative to their food.

Damian ignored it and, after knocking the guards out, went to the system. He didn't even need to hack it since the system was already on. He just inserted a USB and copied all the files.

He could sort through them later. It was a long 15 minutes, but it seemed that Cain managed to finish her side without problems since no army was on him yet.

He signaled again when he was done and they both ran to their meetup point and that is when they got discovered.

The rest of it was them running and getting followed by angry assassins.

They were lucky they got out unscathed.

Damian knew he was going to get punished when he got back but this was ridiculous. He was benched from being Robin. But that was not the worst part.

He was forced to wear an ankle tracker. Which was getting monitored at all times and he wasn't allowed to go to the cave. He was also not allowed to use any electronics without supervision.

He was also lectured by Pennyworth, Grayson, and even Drake. Damian refused to tell anyone where he went, and he knew Cain wouldn't tell anyone either.

Father still barely visited the manor. It hurt, but Damian pretended that it didn't.

He only told Drake that he had to meet a contact in another city to get the USB. Drake was skeptical, and Damian was praying he wouldn't hack into the league and find the truth.

Thankfully, they had more important things to worry about. As it turned out, Grandfather was indeed in that base for 6 months. They kidnapped a doctor specializing in genetic engineering.

There was no record of experiments. just that the doctor was disposed of when they were done. So they couldn't go looking for him.

They were entering dangerous territories. Ra's and genetical experimentations did not sound well. They had to act quickly.

Drake made a break through a few days later a base in Germany. Damian wanted to get there immediately but Drake wouldn't let him this time. Cain was away and Drake wouldn't let them go without a proper team.

They needed to inform others. Damian tried to argue and refuse, but Drake didn't budge. They were going to have a family meeting, and it was non-negotiable.

Father was off planet for a mission with Justice league so it was one less thing for Damian to worry about.