Part 15

After helping Damian get settled, Pennyworth assured him that he would personally talk to Father, and he wouldn't let him take his cat away. Damian trusted Pennyworth.

If there was one person Father listened to, it was him. Still, he made sure to set up all the items in his room so he didn't need to let her out.

He was tired for the night, so he went to bed.

He woke up by something wet dragging on his face. His face scrunched up, and it took him a second to remember the events of last night. He opened his eyes hesitantly.

Knowing that it's impossible but still fearing that everything that happened was just a dream. But he opened his eyes, and she was there.

She meowed in his face. Probably hungry. Damian reached a hand to stroke her head, and she instantly leaned in and started purring. Damian smiled.

A wide smile. One that was so rare that he didn't notice before his muscles started to hurt. He reached his free hand to touch his face in shock.

He knew it was time to get up, so he jumped out of bed and prepared her food. His own routine could wait a few minutes.

When she was settled and eating happily, he headed to the bathroom. He took a quick shower and brushed his teeth. He was drying himself with a towel when he heard knocking on the door.

"Damian. We need to talk now." Drake said from the other side.

Damian contemplated for a second. He could tell from the knocking that he couldn't ignore it or he would barge in. he also didn't have enough time to put on clothes, which he had to take from his drawers.

So the towel it was. He wrapped it around his waist and reached to open the door before Drake would come in himself. He opened the door, and the look of shock on Drakes's face was not something he would forget.

He was standing mid-knock, and his jaw was hanging open. Not knowing what to do. It was strange since Drake had seen him without a shirt before. In fact, most of them have seen each other in various degrees of nudity due to injuries and training. He was also sure that he was covered well with his towel, so there shouldn't be a problem with that either.

'5 minutes,' Damian signed before closing the door. He rushed, put a loose shirt and jeans on, opened the door, and motioned for Drake to come in.

He pointed to his bed for him to sit, and that was when Drake saw Bastet.

"Wait, when did you get a cat?" Drake asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed, looking out of place.

'I found her in the shed last night. Her name is Bastet.' Damian signed as he went to grab a pair of socks and his shoes.

"Does Bruce know?" Drake asked, his voice lowered as if he didn't know if he should ask the question or not.

'Pennyworth knows. He said he will inform him.' Damian signed and looked at her. She was done with her food and was playing with a ball. It looked a little old and worn out. Damian probably had to get her new toys soon.

"Ok. Good." Drake sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Do you have anything to tell me?" He asked, glaring at him accusingly. There wasn't much heat in the glare. It was more along the lines of you can't get out of this conversation glare.

Damian contemplated for a minute. He wasn't ready to talk about his theory, but he knew sooner or later he was going to need help in his mission. The main question was if he could do it now.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a cough. Drake was getting impatient. 'I can't give you all the details, but there is a case I'm trying to solve. To do so, I need to find where Grandfather is and where he's been for the past year.' Damian signed.

Drake looked pissed. He never liked Grandfather, and the mention of him definitely triggered his detective side. "Why?" He asked. Bringing a hand to hold his chin. Damian could feel the gears in his head turning.

'I have reasons to believe he is involved in something big. He's been away from Nanda Parbat for the past year but is still adamant about giving all the orders. He hadn't left for this long in years.' Damian added. He didn't know how many more details he could provide.

"If it's been a year, why are you so worried now?" He asked.

'I think whatever plans he has are being put into action. I think he is involved with something going on, but I can't tell you before I confirm. I had to sneak out last night to meet a contact. That's why I put sleeping pills in your drink.' Damian said. His eyes were pleading for him to not press more.

They held the staring competition for a few more seconds before Drake relented. He sighed deeply. "Fine. I will help you. But now." He stood up and walked up to Damian.

Damian didn't back up. He stood still. Drake was towering above him. He was near the end of his puberty, and while he wasn't the tallest member of the family compared to Damian, who hadn't hit puberty yet, the height difference was noticeable.

He reached and grabbed Damian's forearm in a firm grip. Damian didn't pull away. He knew he wasn't in any danger. "You are way too skinny. It is unacceptable. I can play xylophone on your rib cage. You are getting on a meal plan from today." Drake said as he pulled Damian out of the room and shut the door.

Damian could try to break away, but it would only raise suspicion. Drake would probably tell Pennyworth and Father, and it would only make the experience more complicated and stressful. So he resigned to his fate.