Part 12

Their talk was long, but it was fruitful. She was more forthcoming with information than his other family members. She also stated that she was not happy with Father. But she also noticed and acknowledged the recent changes.

Damian wasn't sure why, but he shared more of his discoveries with her, and in the end, she promised to keep an eye out and notify him if he found more.

Damian was sneaking back into his room. The manor was quiet, which was a good sign. It meant that he wasn't discovered yet. He opened his window with ease and was crawling into his dark room when the light was turned on.

He was sitting on the couch like every bit the reprimanded child he was. After Grayson caught him sneaking in, he got a harsh lecture about the dangers of going out alone and without proper ways to be tracked or notifying people of his whereabouts.

Grayson went easy on him since he bought his excuse of feeling cramped and needing to go out. He was bound to the manor for so long, so it wasn't out of the question.

He knew all of these, and yet this was something he needed to do. In the end, Grayson settled for admitting how he crossed the manor's security, and Damian had to wear a tracker bracelet 24/7. If he took it off, there would be an alarm, and there would be harsher punishment.

Damian didn't argue, and Grayson promised not to tell others about his little adventure.

Damian was finally well enough to be let in the field. It was still recommended for him not to talk outside of his sessions, but he no longer had difficulty breathing or swallowing. He was glad to be back. It was his first night back tonight.

Father mostly ignored him in the cave when he was distributing the tasks. Apparently, the scarecrow was in hiding, and the trail was dead, so they had other criminals to take care of. Brown and Cain were out of town chasing some villain.

Grayson was back in Bludhaven. Todd was in his territory. It was just the three of them. It was a slow night, so he was patrolling with Drake while Father took care of some of the bigger criminals.

Damian didn't let the slow night dampen his mood. He was glad he could be Robin again. His mind was busy with his side project.

His first phase was over. After the meeting with Kyle, he knew exactly what to do. But to implement it, he needed outside help. His contact would be there in a week. Then, he would be gone for a while, so he had to find a way to throw others off his trail for a while.

He focused back on the patrol. They just finished tying up some gang members and calling GCPD. Why the smaller criminals never learned would be a forever question for him.

It was late in the night. Father was on patrol, and Pennyworth was helping in the cave. Damian was off duty for the night, and Drake was benched due to a twisted ankle. It was all too convenient. Drake was currently in his room working on a case with his laptop.

Damian held a tray and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. "Come in," Drake mumbled.

Damian carefully opened the door and navigated his way through the mess on the floor. How Drake could live in such filth was a mystery to him. he tiptoed to the desk, and when Drake noticed him, he shuffled the papers a bit to make room for the tray.

Damian set the tray down. There was Drake's usual mug filled with coffee. His own filled with tea and a plate of snacks. Drake absentmindedly grabbed his mug and started sipping. "Did you make the coffee?" he asked.

'Yes. Did I make it wrong?' Damian signed innocently. He was looking around the room. He could deal with the mess, but this was too much.

"No. It's fine. Just a little different." Drake said, continuing his work on the computer.

Damian sighed and got up from his chair. Picking up some trash from the floor to throw out and folding clothes into neat piles. "Ehhhh? What are you doing?" Drake asked, turning his chair to face him.

'Cleaning up your room. Don't worry, I'm not throwing anything that may be important out.' Damian signed and proceeded to put another crumbled paper into the pile.

"I can see, but why?" Drake said, but he didn't make any moves to stop him.

'I can't stand messy environment.' Damain signed with a shrug.

"Ok," Drake said, turning back towards his computer.

There was a calming silence between them as Damian cleaned up and Drake continued to work. Drake finished his coffee, yawning once in a while. His typing speed was getting slower, and he kept staring at the monitor.

It only took a few minutes before it clicked for him. Drake quickly shot up from his chair. "Damian what ...did... you..." was all he managed before he fell unconscious. Damian caught him before he could hit the floor.

He dragged him to bed and arranged him in a way that wouldn't look suspicious. He stripped him down to his underwear and put the blanket on top of him. he then put the computer in sleep mode after saving the files to make sure Drake wouldn't lose any of his work.

He had to knock him out because he was asked to check on him every few hours. It was a method put into place after the accident that during the night, they would check on him multiple times. It was to make sure he was alright since he sometimes had difficulties breathing, but it made sneaking out hard since it happened randomly.

Before leaving, he grabbed Drakes's arm. Aligning their hands perfectly, he transferred the tracking bracelet to Drake's wrist with one swift motion. He couldn't alarm anyone of his absence. Drake would be asleep well into the morning so he could get back and take the bracelet again.