Part 19

Damian spent the next day working on his own case. He was still looking for Grandfather. They knew he had spent some time at a base in China. Damian had to check it out himself.

The question was how. It wasn't easy to disappear safely, and there was not enough time to investigate before Father or his siblings came after him. But he couldn't ask them to accompany him. It couldn't work.

It suddenly hit him. the only one who would help him and not ask questions. The one who would also be able to carry out the mission with him.

But the question still remained on how he can get to China without being followed. Even if he called in many favors there was still the need for some sort of distraction.

Something that would stop him from being followed.

It took Damian 3 more days to complete his plans. He was going to sneak out today. His first step was disarming his tracking bracelet. It was not that hard to pull it off. He just sneaked into the cave at a time when he was sure it would be empty and read the blueprint on the computer.

Why no one expected him to do this was beyond him. It would buy him some head start. He then contacted his accomplice, and it was not very hard to make the rest of the trip.

So all he had to do was to wait for today. Pennyworth was out grocery shopping and Father and Drake were in a meeting in WE. So it was the perfect time. He grabbed Bastet, disabled and took of his bracelet and sneaked out.

He had a small stop to make.

He dropped Bastet off with Kyle, promising to be back soon. She didn't ask questions.

He then went to the meeting point. A hideout. He only had to wait 10 minutes since he was so early but he was sure his contact would be early too.

He was right, and she was here. His older sibling, Cassandra Cain.

If anyone ever told Damian that he was going to fly to another country by hiding in a piece of luggage he would have laughed in their face. But here he was. Squeezed tightly in a suitcase.

Since Cain was taking the private jet, there wouldn't be a luggage check or airport security. She was flying as a Wayne, after all. Someone picked up the suitcase and loaded it into the jet.

Once the plane was going, he could come out, but he needed to go back in again when they arrived. He was not going to enjoy this.

It was a long flight, and Damian took the time to explain what was needed to Cain. He told her as much as he could, and she was on board. They needed to sneak in, go to the security room to check for information, and get out. This information was kept off the servers, so there was no way but to go there in person.

While this was easy in theory, they both knew it was not going to be easy. They had to knock out the people in the security room in a manner that no one outside notices and then hope that no one comes to the room in the mean time.

The league took it's security seriously and there were regular patrols for this purpose. Also sneaking in, in the first place was not going to be easy.

The main reason Damian needed help from Cain was the two level security. There were two security rooms. The first one was bigger. It had access to cameras everywhere whe,re all the documents and important information were stored.

The second room had one purpose. It was a small room that had view of the first room and area around it. this one while smaller was a lot harder to break into.

If someone managed to sneak into either of the rooms, the people from the other would sound an alarm, and all the assassins would be upon them.

The only way to perform the mission successfully was to disable people in both rooms at the same time.

The problem was finding a way to do so. Whether they used some gas or went in there straight, the guard's first instinct was to sound the alarm. And it was easy to do so since they all had a button right on their desks.

Still with the two of them they started hatching a plan. They couldn't afford to charge in. they needed patience and assassins were always patient.

Damian was running at full speed. He was right behind Cain, who was leading the way. They were trying to avoid confrontation and just head for the exit. They were running out of time.

Cain made a sharp left turn, and Damian followed. They dodged bullets and reached the staircase. They ran up quickly. This was it. They opened the door at the top of the stairs and ran out.

There were assassins already there. Cian made a few hand signals behind her back. Damian got the cue. They started fighting them off. There were so many. Damian dodged under a blade and kicked the man in the stomach, sending him toward another assassin.

They were almost there. Cain gave a low whistle, and they made their way to the edge and jumped. Damian hung on to Cain as she used a grapple gun to grapple the incoming helicopter with unbelievable accuracy.

They were safe now.