Part 18

Working with Brown was always interesting. She didn't force Damian to follow an exact plan. She would even sometimes let him take the lead. Overall, she trusted that he could take care of himself, and as long as he was communicating his plans, they were fine.

And even if the situation went out of control, she wouldn't blame Damian and would help come up with the fastest solution. There was a mutual respect between them.

They reached the hideout rather quickly. Their plan was simple. The gang was a new gang that was trying to sell illegal firearms in Gotham. Brown had tracked them to a warehouse where they were keeping the guns.

There was going to be a sale tonight. Father and Drake were going to take care of that while their team was going to take care of the warehouse.

Damian was going to sneak in and try to find an office or wherever they kept their documents to hopefully find a list of the gang members or information regarding their operation. Then Brown would bust in and keep them busy.

If They went in at the same time they would risk someone getting to the documents first and destroy them. Damian also had less chance of getting caught due to his training.

Hopefully, everything will go well.

It was not hard to crawl through the vents with his size. He was silent and fast. He found the office easily. A room on the second floor with clear view of the rest of the warehouse. One sided windows and everything that anyone would expect from the main office.

He entered the room. he locked the door and put a chair behind it for good measure. There was a computer. Damian plugged in the USB Oracle gave them to take copy of all files on the computer.

There were some papers lying on the table and a file cabinet to the side. Damian gave Batgirl the signal to start reading through the papers. Anything he deemed even slightly useful, he would put in a backpack he brought with him.

He had to be quick. He could see the fighting going on outside but he had to focus. If Batgirl needed help she would tell him over comm. He was almost done. He looked to see how Batgirl was.

It was not good she was getting backed into a corner he had to act. He pushed the bag in the vent as far as he could. He used a small explosion to break the glass and make a distraction and jumped down. He landed on a thug and used his katana to cut at another.

He knew Batgirl could take the distraction to bring down most of the guys, so Damian tried to jump away. he wanted to get to the ones who were standing further back and had guns.

The only reason they weren't actively getting shot at was that their people were too close to them. Damian was more nimble, so he could dodge the shots better; he used one of the thugs coming for him and used him as a jumping board while simultaneously kicking his head and knocking him out.

He jumped over the thugs to the back and ran straight for the guns. With his training, it wasn't hard not to get shot. He quickly disarmed the first guy and pushed him towards the second.

The second guy tried to step aside but Damian was just there to finish him. he wouldn't allow himself to get injured so soon again. he had to play safe. His comms was still on which meant Batgirl was doing fine.

He wasn't about what time, though. He knew how quickly a fight could change. So he finished the gunmen and went to help finish the last of the thugs. He had a few bruises but nothing that needed medical attention.

Batgirl spent a minute checking him over to make sure he did the same. She had a small gash on her arm, probably from a knife. Damian took his medical kit and motioned to her arm.

She didn't argue and kneeled down so he could have easier access. She started reporting to Oracle. Damian took care of the wound and grabbed his evidence from where he had hidden it when he jumped to help Batgirl.

As they suspected someone broke into the room and it was almost clear of all the documents. Thankfully the bag was still where he left it. They waited for the police to arrive before heading for the cave. They had evidence to analyze after all.

After dropping back to the cave, Brown decided to head back for a little more patrol. Damian got started on the evidence. He put the USB in the computer and notified Oracle so she could get started on it.

She was more efficient with those sorts of things. In the meantime Damian started sorting all the paper evidence. He couldn't be sure if he managed to grab everything, but from what he had time to grab, it was important evidence.

It was mostly documents of transactions and their partners. He started categorizing things based on category and date. He was too tired to put everything together, but he could give the person who would work on it a start.

It would probably be Father or Drake. He double-checked that everything was in the right place before heading for the showers. He was just out of the shower when he saw Drake back.

He was in the med bay. Damian rushed to see if he was OK. He was lying down while holding an ice pack on his ribs with his eyes closed. Damian was looking him over for other injuries. He couldn't find any.

Damian made a small cough to make Drake notice him. "Oh Damian." Drake said. His voice sounded OK.

'Injuries?' Damian questioned.

"No don't worry. Just bruised my ribs. Are you OK?" Drake asked, trying to sit up.

Damian stopped him. 'I'm alright. A few bruises from blocking hits. No need for medical attention.' Damian signed.

"OK. I think I will lay down a little bit. B should be back in an hour or two. You should go to sleep." Drake said, rubbing his eyes with his free hand.

'Do you need anything?' Damian signed. He grabbed a blanket and put it on Drake.

"No. I will also go to sleep once the pain medicine kicks in. I have a migraine, so I took a pill," Drake said with a yawn.

'Good night.' Damian signed as he headed out.

"Goodnight," Drake said, closing his eyes again.