Annie's First Quidditch

Important author notes: I've just realized Annie is the wrong age on the other chapters. She should of been ten and turned eleven on her birthday. So she is now eleven as she is supposed to be. I hope you all are enjoying the story so far.

Annie's POV

Ginny is still acting weird and has been keeping her distance from me. Which makes me sad. Was it because I wasn't in gryffindor? Is she upset that I am in hufflepuff? The rest of my cousins are fine with it as long as I'm happy. So why is Ginny ignoring me?

I've stated writing in the journal Aunt Muriel had given me for my 11th birthday. About my problems with Ginny. About my training to become an animagus to help me be better at Transfiguration. About my classes and friends. Just simple things. Nothing to personal.

There have been no more attacks since Mrs Norris has been petrified. But I still worry about Mugsy. I leave him in my common room when I am in class and have him sleep in my dorm room every night. So that I know he is safe.

Anyway, it's time for the first quidditch match of the year. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. This will be the first time I am seeing a real quidditch match. And I am super excited about it. Cedric is letting me sit with him during the match so that I can ask him questions while we watch the match. I'd learnt the basics from books and my cousins, but I am still keen to learn more about Quidditch. Especially as I want to try out next year.

"So there are three chasers, a seeker, keeper and two beaters?" I ask Cedric.

"Yep, though if I make captain next year. I plan of having some substitute players encase someone can't play" he states.

"That's smart" I tell him and he smiles.

"Yeah well, Gryffindor had to forfeit their last match last year as their seeker was in the hospital wing. I don't want our team to go through that" he states.

"Will you be captain next year?" I ask him curious.

"Possibly, I have been on it since my second year. Four members of the team graduate this year, another has decided not to continue playing next year as it'll be her final year. And wants to focus on her exams. So out of the two of us currently still on the team, I've been on it a year longer. But Carol the current captain hasn't made a decision yet on who will get the badge. She wants to see how we play this year" he explains.

"How will she decide?" I ask curious.

"She plans on having Luke and I each lead a training session, see how we do leading the team" he states. "Anyway, we should go if we want to get good seats" he tells me. I nod and we leave the castle heading down to the pitch with the rest of the student body.

His team had saved us seats and we join them. Hallie joins us. We watch as both the Gryffindor and Slytherin team come onto the pitch. I notice the slytherin team all have the same style broom. "What sort of brooms are they?" Hallie asks.

"Nimbus 2001s" Carol states. "I heard from Oliver that Draco's father got them for the whole team when he joined them" she explains.

"That's unfair, is he even a good player?" I ask her.

"We're about to find out" she states. Madame Hooch has both captains shake hands as the commentator introduces the teams. His name is Lee Jordan, he is a friend of Fred and George. Both teams mount their brooms and take to the sky. The balls are released and the game begins.

It became obvious Draco Malfoy could fly. But he wasn't really looking for the snitch. Harry meanwhile was doing his best to avoid being hit by a bludger. That seems to be fixed on him. "Is that normal?" I ask Cedric pointing it out as one of the Weasley twins hit the bludger away from Harry. It stopped midair and shot back towards Harry.

"No, it's not" he says with a frown.

"What is it Cedric?" Carol asks him.

"It looks like a bludger has been fixed to target only Harry" he tells her.

"Is that legal?" Hallie asks.

"No, it isn't" Carol states with a frown watching the rogue bludger.

"Do you think it was the slytherins?" I ask.

"Possible, but we'd have a hard time proving it" Cedric states.

"Thy should ask for an inquiry" Hallie states.

"But that would mean forfeiting the match" I tell her.

"So? Harry could get seriously hurt or die if he is hit" she tells me.

"If I know Harry, he won't forfeit. He'll take the bludger on alone before he'd let Slytherin win" Cedric states.

"We're about to find out" Carol states as Oliver Wood calls a time out. Afterwards, my cousins left Harry to deal with the bludger alone. I did not agree with it, but I know Harry can do it. He is an amazing flier from what I've heard. Draco Malfoy was watching him amused laughing, not noticing the snitch just behind him. Harry did though.

He caught it, but his arm got hit hard by the rogue bludger. But his team still won. Fred and George wrestled the bludger back into the crate. As Lockhart offered to fix Harry's arm. When I drew near, I see Harry lose all the bones in his arm. He was then escorted to the hospital wing.

"So what did you think of your first quidditch match?" Cedric asks as we head back towards the castle.

"It was fun, though I hope Harry will be ok" I tell him.

"Don't worry Madame Pomfrey will be able to heal him" Carol assures me.

"I'm looking forward to your first match of the year" I tell them.

"We'll be facing Ravenclaw in two weeks" she states. "Cedric training tomorrow after lunch" she tells him. He nods his head. We arrive back in our common room. I go with Hallie over to the fire and we get started on our homework, which is due Monday. Susan soon joined us with Ernie, Hannah, Justin and Megan. We all studied together. Hannah and Susan checking everyones homework for errors. Before telling us what we got wrong or forgot to add. We studied until dinner and then went to the great hall to eat.

A/N

Picture above of Harry and Draco dressed for quidditch.