First Week of School

(2nd of September) Annie's POV

I woke up early and went down to breakfast with Hallie & Susan. After I received my class schedule, I went to see with Ginny. And we compared schedules. We shared Herebology and Charms. But also shared a study hall period together.

I was about to enjoy some breakfast when someone shouts "Ron, is that your owl?!" Just then an owl crush lands in front of Ron. I recognize it as Errol, the family owl.

"Bloody bird is a menance" Ron grumbles as he took the letter from Errol's beak. Errol rights himself with a hoot and takes off. "Oh no" Ron says looking scared of the scarlet letter.

"What's wrong?" I ask Ginny confused.

"Look, everyone. Weasley's got himself a Howler!" someone shouts. Everyone starts to laugh.

"What's a howler?" I ask Ginny still confused.

"You're about to find out" she tells me.

"Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible" Neville tells Ron. As the letter begins to smoke. Ron turns it over and opens it.

"Ronald Weasley!" Aunt Molly's angry voice fills the hall and I jump in shock. "How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's facing an inquiry at work, and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home!" the howler shouts at him. It then turns to Ginny and I. I grip Ginny's arm scared.

"Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. And congratulations Annie for making Hufflepuff. We are so proud of you both" the howler says in a gentler tone. A ringing silence fell. The red envelope, which had dropped from Ron's hand, burst into flames and curled into ashes. Some people laughed.

"I should get to Charms" I state.

"And I have Potions" Ginny states. "See you afterwards in Herebology" she adds and I nod my head. I went back to my table and grabbed my school bag. Then walked to class with Hallie. My first day of class wasn't so bad. Defense Against the Dark Arts wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Charms was fun and I enjoyed Herebology. Potions wasn't bad either.

(5th of September)

So I've had my first week of school. It's now Saturday and it wasn't that bad. Though I wasn't really good at Transfiguration. History was dull, can't believe I have to do it for the next five years. I can't wait until my first Astronomy class on Monday and first flying class on Tuesday.

We didn't get much homework. But I did the homework I did get with Hermione. And asked if she could help me with Transfiguration. She said she would. Which I'll be forever grateful for. I mean, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. It's the turn animals into objects I'm not comfortable with. I fear I'm hurting them. She assured me I wasn't and suggested I speak to Professor McGonagall about it.

Which I did. And it really put my mind at ease. So I believe I'll do better in my next transfiguration lesson. When I wasn't doing homework I found a book with simple healing spells. Which I found fascinating. So I borrowed it from the library for some light reading. And so that I could practice some of the spells in it.

Anyway Ginny has been acting weird all day. She assured me it was nothing and she'd see me at dinner. Yet she never showed up. But I spent dinner with Hermione instead. While Harry and Ron served their separate detentions. Harry is serving his with Lockhart and Ron with Filch.

According to the twins. Ron's detention may last longer then Harry's. Due to him still vomiting up slugs, from when he tried to jinx Draco. For calling Hermione a Mudblood. Which is a fowl name for someone who is Muggle Born. It made me angry that someone would insult my best friend and wanted to hex him myself. But Hermione stopped me.

"So enjoying Hogwarts so far?" Hermione asks me.

"Yes, so far I've stayed out of trouble. I'm making friends with others in my house, lessons are going well. I borrowed a book on healing" I tell her.

"Healing?" she asks me curious.

"I find it fascinating, I'm practicing the charm Episkey. Which will allow me to heal minor wounds, like a split lip or broken nose" I tell her.

"I'm happy you've found something you like" she tells me with a smile. "I myself, have always been good at charms. In fact I learnt a few simple ones before I started here at Hogwarts" she states. Ginny joins us.

"Sorry I'm late Annie" she says sheepishly.

"It's ok, Hermione kept me company" I assure her. "How's your first week been?" I ask her.

"It's been ok, haven't had charms yet though" she states.

"Oh you'll love it, it's one of my favourite subjects" I tell her. "How was flying and Astronomy?" I ask her.

"I loved flying and plan on trying out for quidditch in future. Astronomy was ok" she states. The rest of dinner went fine. I had dessert with my dorm mates, before we retired for the evening.

A/N

Picture above of Ron receiving a howler.