Christmas in Romania

Annie's POV

Aunt Molly woke Ginny and I up at six thirty. Uncle Arthur has already left with our luggage, including my toiletry bag. We had a quick breakfast and I fed the chickens & pigs. Making sure they had water. We then gathered around the tattered old book. "OK we have one minute. You just need to touch the port key, that's all, a finger will do" she tells us. Me more then Ginny as I have never traveled by port key before.

We each lay a hand on the book. Ginny looks at her watch and soon starts to count down. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one". It happened immediately: I felt as though a hook just behind mynavel had been suddenly jerked irresistibly forward. My feet left the ground. I feel the other two banging into me. We were all speeding forward in a howl of wind and swirling color. My hand was stuck to the book as though it was pulling me magnetically onward.

And then my feet slammed into the ground. I lose balance and fall taking Ginny with me. "Sorry" I say sheepishly. She smiles saying she was fine. Two hands appear in front of us. I look up to see Uncle Arthur and a young man with long hand offering us their hands.

"You must be the surprise guest dad mentioned, I'm Charlie" the man says as he helps me to my feet.

"Annie, nice to meet you cousin" I say as I dust myself off.

"Cousin?" he asks surprised.

"Yes Charlie, this is Gideon's daughter. We just reunited with her. She lives with us and is bunking with Ginny" Aunt Molly states.

"Wow, well great to meet you cuz" he says with a smile. "You're going to like it here, there are so many dragons" he states.

"Real dragons?" I ask.

"Very real, I'll give you a tour of the sanctuary later" he states.

"Are you sure that's safe dear?" Aunt Molly asks.

"Oh can we go?" Ginny asks.

"Please" we say together.

"It's perfecting safe mum" Charlie assures her. "For now lets get you all unpacked and settled in at my house. I'll conjure a bed for you Annie, are you happy to share with Ginny?" he asks.

"That's fine" I assure him. We go to his house. Which is two stories.

"Bedrooms are and bathroom is upstairs. Kitchen, living room, dining, laundry and water closet downstairs" he tells us. We go upstairs. "The room  at the end is yours mum and dad. Girls yours is the second door on the right, across from the bathroom. My room is on your left" he states.

We thank him and settle in unpacking. "So do the others know about Annie?" he asks as we have morning tea in the living room.

"No, we wanted it to be a surprise" Uncle Arthur states.

"Well I was defiantly surprised" Charlie states.

"I'm happy I'm no longer the youngest and only girl" Ginny tells him.

"We'll still be in the same year" I remind her.

"I know, but I'm still older" she states and I roll my eyes.

"I'm happy to have a new sister/cousin to spoil. I am sure Bill will feel the same way" Charlie states. "The twins will either see a new target or a new ally in their pranking ways. Percy will act indifferent, but he'll love you like we all will. Ron may whine a little, but ignore that" he tells me.

"Thanks" I say with a smile.

"How are you settling in here?" Aunt Molly asks him.

"Quiet well, the guys at great. View is amazing and many dragons to learn about. Already been six months and feels like my new second home" he states.

"Any girlfriends?" Uncle Arthur asks him.

"Dragons are all I care about. Who has time for dating when there are so many dragons to study?" Charlie asks him.

"I'm sure he'll find someone who is obsessed as him one day Arthur" Aunt Molly states. "Now what's on the agenda today?" she asks.

"I'll give you guys a tour of the sanctuary and then have lunch. Then we'll return here and decorate the house & tree. By the time we finish, it'll be time to start dinner" he states. We finish our tea and grab our cloaks before going to the sanctuary by floo powder. The tour was amazing, there were mother dragons nurturing their new hatchlings. We even got to hold a few orphaned hatchlings and feed them.

We then had lunch at a diner in town. Where Charlie disappeared briefly. When he returned we had lunch. Then returned to his house. We decorate the house interior first. Then put lights up outside and finished with the tree. They let me put the star on.

Charlie then made us spaghetti. Aunt Molly tried to cook, but Charlie said we're guests. That we don't need to cook or clean. Just relax and enjoy our time in Romania. But something tells me Aunt Molly won't be sitting around doing nothing the whole time we're here. As we ate dinner she starts to complain about Charlie's long hair. I honestly think it suits him.

Anyway after dinner we play monopoly. Which Ginny wins. Only because she got hotels on the most expensive houses. Uncle Arthur lost. Us girls sort of teamed up against the boys, Aunt Molly being en-charge of the bank. Ginny and I were then sent to bed.

(Time skip to Christmas Morning)

Time seemed to fly by. Now it's Christmas morning and I am jumping up and down on Ginny's bed trying to wake her. "No, go away. To early" she groans.

"But it's Christmas morning Ginny" I whine. She sits up.

"Why didn't you say so?" she asks. Grabbing her dressing gown. She puts it on and I put on mine. We race downstairs to see Charlie already up. He gives us both hot chocolate with marshmallows. We thank him and start to enjoy them waiting for Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur.

Soon they appear and we start to open presents. I soon notice Ginny wearing a green knitted sweater with a white G on it. "How gave you that?" I ask her.

"This? Mum makes us all one,  there's yours" she states pointing at a present. I grab it and open it. To find a grey jumper with a white A on it along with some chocolate frogs. I smile and put it on, feeling very warm. (Jumper: https://eammashup.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/img_0813.jpg?w=224&h=300 ).

"Thank you Aunt Molly" I say with a smile. We finish opening presents and I start to read the book Charlie got me on dragons. While Ginny plays with her new gob stones set Charlie got her. Aunt Molly speaks with Charlie while Uncle Weasley examines the rotary phone Charlie had given him. All in all, it's been an amazing Christmas and I can't wait to meet Bill on New Years.

A/N

Picture above of Charlie Weasley and picture on the external link of his house.