Where's Annie?

Annie's POV

We soon reach a boat house and the bots dock themselves. We get out of the boats. "Ok everyone stick together and follow me" the giant says as he grabs a lantern. I hang back in the shadows with no one noticing. Once they were gone I try to think of a way back to the village the station is in. But I guess it'll have to wait until morning.

I find a pile of boat covers. I make a makeshift bed and pillow in one of the boats. I lay down and cover myself with the cloak Hermione had let me burrow. Ignoring my growling stomach I let sleep take me.

(Inside Castle, sorting ceremony) Third Persons POV

"Hermione, have you seen Annie?" Neville asks. As the sorting hat does it's song. Hermione looks around and frowns when she can't spot her red headed friend.

"Maybe she went to the bathroom" she says. The sorting hat finishes it's song. The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again. Professor McGonagall unrolls a piece of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" McGonagall tells the first years. "Hannah Abbott!" she calls. A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down.

A moments pause and the hat shouts "Hufflepuff!" The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table. Susan Bones was called up next and placed in Hufflepuff also. She went and sat beside Hannah as the sorting ceremony continued.

"Hermione Granger!" McGonagall finally calls. Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head.

"Gryffindor!" the hat shouted. Hermione went and joined the Gryffindor table. Soon Neville was placed in Gryffindor and Draco Malfoy placed in Slytherin. It is Harry Potter's turn to face the sorting hat. "Hmm, difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting... So where shall I put you?" the hat muses in Harry's ear. So only he can hear.

Harry gripped the edges of the stool and thought: Not Slytherin, not Slytherin.

"Not Slytherin, eh?" the hat asks. "Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness. No doubt about that -- no? Well, if you're sure -- better be GRYFFINDOR!" he shouts and the gryffindors cheer.

"We got Potter! We got Potter!" the Weasley twins shout. Soon Ron is called up and Hermione frowns in confusion. They are going in alphabetical order. First by surname, then by first. So Annie should of been called up before Ron. Who is placed in Gryffindor and finally Blaise Zabini is placed in Slytherin.

Professor McGonagall rolled up her scroll and took the Sorting Hat away. Making Hermione frown more, why had Annie not been called? Where is she?

Professor Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide. As if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you" he says.

He sat back down. Everybody clapped and cheered. But Hermione was starting to worry about Annie. She ignores the food in front of her biting her lip. As everyone focuses on eating, she gets up and walks up to the teachers table. "Is something wrong Miss Granger?" McGonagall asks as she looks down at the bushy haired first year.

"You didn't call Annie's name and I haven't seen her since the boats" Hermione states.

"Annie who, dear?" Professor Sprout asks.

"Annie Weasley, she's a first year like me. We rode on the train together with Neville. Then on the boat to the boathouse" Hermione states.

"Odd I don't recall there being an Annie Weasley" Snape states.

"Hagrid, please go search for Annie. Severus, Minerva please go with him. Start at the boat house" Dumbledore orders. The adults nod and leave the great hall. "Do not worry Miss Granger, I'm sure Annie is fine. Return to your dinner" he tells her gently. Hermione nods her head and goes back to the Gryffindor table.

(With Hagrid, Snape and McGonagall)

"So any thoughts on who this Annie girl is?" Hagrid asks the professors.

"A few" Snape says.

"Do you know what the girl looks like Hagrid?" McGonagall asks Hagrid.

"I remember a red headed girl sitting with Hermione on the boat ride. Her hair was in pig-tails. I would of thought she was a Weasley, did I not know there is only one Weasley girl. Named Ginny who is starting next year" Hagrid states.

They reach the boat house and both professors light their wands. As the trio begin to search for clues. "McGonagall, Hagrid over here" Snape says as he looks into a boat at the sleeping Annie.

"Oh the poor dear, must be freezing" McGonagall says and waves her wand. Using a warming charm on the girl. "She looks no older then nine" she states.

"What do we do Professor McGonagall?" Hagrid asks.

"We'll take her to Albus' office and figure out our next step there" McGonagall states. "Hagrid, go inform the Headmaster that we have found the girl" she says. Hagrid nods his head and leaves. "Severus, please carry her to Albus office. I shall have the elves make her something warm to ate and drink" she states.

Snape grumbles, but does as he is told. He picks up the child and carries her up to the castle. He carries her to the Headmasters office and says "Chocolate frogs". Then climbs the spiral staircase and enters the office. With a wave of his wand, he turns an armchair into a coat with a pillow. He lays the girl on it making sure the cloak covers her. Then sits in another arm chair waiting for the headmaster to arrive.

A/N

Picture above of the cover and on the external link of the boat house.