Diagon Alley

Annie's POV

We all grabbed our traveling cloaks and flooed to Diagon Alley. But Harry got lost. We found him though and got money from our vaults. I now have access to the Prewett family vault. We then went shopping agreeing to meet at the book store. Aunt Molly took Ginny and I to get measured for our school robes. We then got our school equipment and wands. Mine is willow 9 3/4 inches with unicorn hair core.

"Time to meet the others dears" Aunt Molly tells us. Ginny and I follow her to the book store. Which is very crowded due to some author signing his books. I didn't really pay much attention as I spotted Hermione.

"Hermione!" I squeal and hug her tightly.

"Annie!" she exclaims hugging me back. "You have to meet my parents" she tells me. She drags me over to them and I see they are speaking to Uncle Arthur. "Mum, dad this is my friend Annie Oakley" she tells them.

"Actually it's Annie Oakley Prewett" I correct her. "A pleasure to meet you both" I state.

"The pleasure is ours dear" Mrs Granger tells me.

"Annie we get to meet Gilderoy Lockhart" Hermione tells me.

"Who?" I ask her confused.

"The wizard who wrote the majority of our school books for this year" she states.

"Oh cool I guess" I tell her. "I have to introduce you to my cousin Ginny. She's a first year like me" I state.

"Go have fun Hermione, we'll collect you later" Mr Granger tells her. She hugs her parents and we go search for the others. We find them towards the front of the crowd.

"Ginny this is my friend Hermione, the one I told you about" I state. "Hermione, my cousin Ginny" I say. They shake hands saying hi. Suddenly Harry is pulled away from our group to stand next to Lockhart.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time" Lockhart tells us. "When young Harry here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to buy my autobiography magical me. Which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge" he declares.

"He had no idea. That he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, Magical Me. He and his schoolmates will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" he announces.

The crowd cheered and clapped and Harry found himself being presented with the entire works of Gilderoy Lockhart. Staggering slightly under their weight, he managed to make his way out of the limelight to the edge of the room, where Ginny was standing next to her new cauldron. He dumped the books into them saying she could have them and that he'd buy his own. We all join them.

"Bet you loved that didn't you Potter" someone sneers. I look up to see the blonde boy from teh train last year. "Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page" he states.

"Who's that?" I ask Hermione.

"Draco Malfoy, slytherin" she tells me. Suddenly a blonde hair man appears beside Draco. Must be his father. He shakes Harry's hand looking at his scar.

"Voldemort killed my parents. He was nothing more than a murderer" Harry tells him.

"You must be very brave to mention his name. Or very foolish" Mr Malfoy says.

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione tells him.

"That's very wise Hermione" I tell her.

"And you must be Miss Granger. Yes, Draco's told me all about you. And your parents. Muggles, aren't they?" Mr Malfoy asks. He then looks at my cousins and I. "Let me see. Red hair... vacant expressions... tatty second hand book... you must be the Weasleys. Though I thought they only had one girl" he says while examining Ginny's new text book.

"I'm their cousin actually, Annie Prewett" I tell him.

"Children, it's mad in here. Let's go outside" Uncle Arthur states as he joins us.

"Well well, Weasley senior" Mr Malfoy says.

"Lucius" Uncle Arthur says.

"Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime. Though judging by the state of this, I'd say not" Mr Malfoy says placing Ginny's book back into her cauldron. "What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?" he asks him.

"Don't talk about my uncle that way" I snap.

"It's fine Annie dear" Uncle Arthur assures me. "We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy" he tells him.

"Clearly, see you at work" Mr Malfoy says. He leaves the store.

"See you at school" Draco tells us. Winking at me before leaving. I frown, why did he do that? Aunt Molly joins us, asking if we have everything.

"We do Aunty" I tell her. "Hermione can we sit together on the train again?" I ask her.

"Of course and I can tell you about my first year" she tells me. We hug and she goes back to her parents. I then left with Harry and my family.

A/N

Picture above of Annie's wand and on the external link of the book store scene.