Hogwarts Express 1992

Annie's POV

The end of the summer vacation came too quickly for everyone's liking. Though I'm excited about seeing Hermione again. On our last evening, Aunt Molly conjured up a sumptuous dinner, ending with a mouthwatering treacle pudding. Fred and George rounded off the evening with a display of Filibuster fireworks. They filled the kitchen with red and blue stars that bounced from ceiling to wall for at least half an hour. Then we had a last mug of hot chocolate and bed.

Now we're in a hurry to leave after eating breakfast. As it took forever for us to get ready this morning. Aunt Molly dashed about in a bad mood looking for spare socks and quills. Uncle Arthur nearly broke his neck, tripping over a stray chicken as he crossed the yard carrying Ginny's trunk to the car.

I couldn't see how nine people, seven large trunks, two owls, a cat and a rat were going to fit into one small Ford Anglia. Without the special features that Uncle Arthur had added. He told Harry and I not to say a word to Aunt Molly. "Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they?" she asks as she, Ginny, Uncle Arthur and I sit in the front. "I mean, you'd never know it was this roomy from the outside, would you?" she asks.

Uncle Arthur started up the engine and they trundled out of the yard. We hardly went anywhere when George had forgotten his box of Filibuster fireworks. So we had to go back. Five minutes after that, we skidded to a halt in the yard so that Fred could run in for his broomstick. They had almost reached the highway when Ginny shrieked that she'd left her diary. I didn't know she even had one. By the time she had clambered back into the car, we were running very late, and tempers were running high.

"Molly, dear" Uncle Arthur says after looking at the time.

"No Arthur" Aunt Molly tells him.

"No one would see—this little button here is an Invisibility Booster I installed—that'd get us up in the air—then we fly above the clouds. We'd be there in ten minutes and no one would be any the wiser" he tells her.

"I said no, Arthur, not in broad daylight" Aunt Molly tells him. We reached King's Cross at a quarter to eleven. Uncle Arthur dashed across the road to get trolleys for our trunks and we all hurried into the station.

"10:58. Come on, come on!" Uncle Arthur shouts.

"Train will be leaving any moment" Aunt Molly adds.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first" Uncle Arthur tells them. Fred pushes his cart through the barrier to Platform 9¾, followed by Percy and George.

"Come on Ginny, we'll go through together" I tell her. She smiles and I lead the way. Going through first. She follows with Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur.

"Come on Annie, Ginny. We'll get you both a seat. Hurry!" Aunt Molly tells us.

"Hermione should be saving us one" I tell them as we rush to the train.

"Ok, have fun dears and write" she tells us.

"We love you all" Uncle Arthur.

"We love you to Dad" Ginny tells him. We hug them goodbye and board the train. We find Hermione in a compartment alone.

"Hey Hermione" I say with a bright smile.

"Annie you made it" she cheers giving me a hug. Together we put our luggage into the luggage racks. I let Mugsy out. "He's gorgeous" she tells me. As the train starts to move.

"He was a gift from my cousin Bill" I tell her. Just then there is a knock on our door. "Come in" I say as I pat Mugsy. A girl Hermione's age opened the door. She has hazel eyes and auburn hair in a plait. She is wearing hufflepuff robes.

"Which is of you is Annie?" she asks looking at Ginny and I.

"Me, who are you?" I ask her.

"Susan Bones, your cousin" she states.

"Great to finally meet you" I tell her with a smile.

"Great to meet you too" she states.

"Do you want to join us Susan?" Hermione asks her.

"Will that be ok?" Susan asks.

"Of course, you're family" I tell her. She sits beside me. "So tell me about yourself" I say. So she does. She tells me about her first year. Along with about her friends, promising to introduce me to them tomorrow at breakfast.

"I wonder what's keeping Harry and Ron" Hermione mutters.

"Maybe they found their dorm mates and decided to ride with them" Susan states.

"Ron said he'd ride with us" Ginny tells her.

"I'll go look for them, if the trolley comes. Can you get me a sugar quill?" Hermione asks me. I nod my head and she leaves.

"I have to go see my friends, hope you're in hufflepuff" Susan tells me. We share a hug and she leaves. I notice Ginny writing in a diary.

"By the way Ginny, when did you get a diary?" I ask her curious.

"It was in one of my text books, I've been writing in it since Diagon Alley" she tells me.

"Well, just remember I'm here if you ever need to talk to someone" I tell her. "I have to go to the loo, can you please get me something from the trolley and Hermoine's sugar quill?" I ask as I hand her my money pouch. She nods her head and I go in search of the bathroom. I find it and do my business.

As I left to return to my compartment. I bump into someone. "I'm sorry" I say.

"Seems to be a habit of yours" someone drawls. I look up to see Draco Malfoy. "Annie Prewett, right?" he asks.

"Yes, that's my name and you're Draco Malfoy" I state.

"At least you're smarter then last time" he states. I choose to ignore his rude comment. I go to leave and he blocks my way. "It's rude to leave before the conversation ends" he tells me with a smirk.

"What would we have to talk about?" I ask him confused. "We clearly don't run in the same circle, so why talk at all?" I ask him.

"I thought I'd give you some friendly advice" he tells me. "You maybe live with the Weasleys. But you are a member of the sacred twenty eight. Don't turn into a blood traitor like your family" he tells me.

"Don't talk bad about my family" I sneer. "I don't know what the sacred twenty eight is. But I won't act like I'm better then them. I'll never be like you or your family" I tell him. "Have a good day" I add before leaving. I return to my compartment to see Hermione had returned without Ron or Harry. "Where are the boys?" I ask her as I take my seat.

"I couldn't find them" she states. "I do hope they didn't miss the train" she says.

"I'm sure you'll see them tonight in the common room" I assure her. "Anyway we should change into our robes" I tell them. They agree and we lock the door shutting the blinds. We get changed into our robes and enjoy the rest of the journey in silence.

A/N

Picture above of Hermione with Ginny and picture on the external link of the Hogwarts Express.