Dumbledore's Office

Annie's POV

I wake up and frown in confusion. I was no longer in the boat buy a large room. In front of a lit fireplace. "Dumbledore, the girl is a wake" a voice drawls. I snap my head in the direction to see a man in his thirties wearing all black. Along with a very short man with a walrus like moustche. A squat little woman with short, grey, curly hair. Lastly a tall, rather severe-looking, and sprightly seventy-year-old woman. Next to a tall and thin elderly man, with silver hair and beard so long that they could be tucked into his belt.

I squeak and look for a way out. When a soft bird melody plays. I find the source and smile in awe at the crimson bird with a golden tail as long as a peacock's. He was roughly the size of swan. But is gorgeous. He flies over and lands beside me.

"Fawkes seems to like you dear" the elderly man says. "Is your name Annie?" he asks me and I nod my head.

"Annie what?" the short man asks. I just shake my head.

"Perhaps things would go smoother is Miss Granger were present" the short woman suggests.

"I'm inclined to agree Head Master" the man in black states.

"Minerva, please go collect Miss Granger" the man tells the tall woman. She nods her head and leaves the room. My stomach rumbles. "You must be hungry dear, please help yourself" he tells me. As a tray of food appears from thin air. I look at it shocked.

I look at the food hungrily. But I was taught not to accept food from strangers or talk to them. Just then Hermione appears with the tall woman. "Annie, you're ok!" she shouts and hugs me. "I was so worried" she states.

"I'm sorry" I say quietly.

"So she can speak" the man in black drawls.

"Of course she can professor, she is human after-all" Hermione tells him. "Where did you find her?" she asks the adults curious.

"The boat house, she was asleep" the tall woman states.

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves" the other woman suggests. "I am Professor Sprout" she tells me.

"I am Professor Flitwick" the short man states.

"Professor Snape" the man in black states.

"I'm Deputy Headmistress, Professor McGonagall" the tell woman states.

"I am the Head Master, Professor Dumbledore" the elderly man with the long beard states. "Can you tell us your true name?" he asks me. I look at Hermione and she nods her head giving my hand a squeeze.

"Annie Oakley" I answer softly.

"Ah, not that name sounds familiar. Give me a moment" McGonagall states and leaves the room.

"Where did you get the name Weasley dear?" Professor Sprout asks me.

"A blonde boy on the train called me a Weasley, I thought it'd be safer to use then my real name" I state.

"Why?" Professor Flitwick asks curious.

"I ran away, please don't send me back" I whine as McGonagall reappears with a roll of parchment.

"I knew the name sounded familiar, Annie Oakley of Campbell's group home. She was to be given her letter next year" she states. Showing it to the other adults.

"So she is a witch then" Snape says.

"Yes, raised in the muggle world. Would have no knowledge of our world before now" McGonagall states.

"How did you end up on the train my dear?" Dumbledore asks.

"I went to the station to get out of London. I saw a red headed family and a scrawny boy with black hair. Go through a brick wall between plateforms nine and ten. After a woman explained it. I decided to follow and boarded the train" I explain feeling more confident.

"I say we send her back to Campbell's Group Home" Snape states.

"NO, please I don't want to go back there!" I cry.

"Now look at what you've done Severus" McGonagall snaps and Hermione hugs me.

"I think I should continue this talk with just Minerva and I present" Dumbledore states.

"Will you be ok Annie?" Hermione asks me concerned. I nod my head.

"I'll escort Miss Granger back to Gryffindor Tower" Sprout states. She leaves with Hermione followed by Flitwick and Snape.

"Can I pet him?" I ask pointing to Fawkes.

"Of course you can" Dumbledore tells me. I smile and stroke Fawkes head. He coos happily. "Now Miss Oakley, do you know anything of your past?" he asks me.

"Not much, Miss Campbell said I was dropped on the doorstep of an orphanage the day I was born. With a letter, it said my name and that my parents were going through a dark time. Vowing that they'd be back for me. But they never came and I was shipped off to a group home a few years ago. All I have of my parents it this necklace" I state showing it to him.

"I know this crest" he says.

"You do?" I ask hopeful. Maybe he knows my parents and can help me find them.

"Minerva send an owl to Molly Weasley, tell her it is urgent. That she come here tomorrow morning at her earliest convenience" he tells her.

"Of course, but what shall we do with Miss Oakley tonight?" McGonagall asks him.

"She will have to remain here tonight until we sort things out with Molly. I shall handle her sleeping arrangements" Dumbledore assures her. McGonagall nods her head and leaves the room.

"Who is Molly Weasley?" I ask Dumbledore.

"She is the mother of the red headed family you no doubt saw at the station" he states.

"Oh, why are you sending her a letter? Can I have my necklace back?" I ask him. He hands it back to me and I put it on.

"She came from the family that crest belongs too" he states.

"So she could be my family?" I ask him hopeful.

"Maybe, we shall find out tomorrow" he tells me. "Now eat, drink and sleep. You shall sleep in my office tonight. I must go talk to Severus, please do not leave this room" he tells me. I nod my head and he leaves the room.

A/N

Picture above of Dumbledore with the four Heads of Houses. Picture on the external link of Dumbledore's office.