chapter 5

It was already morning, it was a shiny and calm day. Ethan slowly woke up, blinking his eyes as he looked at the ceiling with a dazed look, being all tipsy and dreamy.

"Mm... It's morning already..." His voice was slightly hoarse, he raised up a bit with half closed eyes and looked around, the sun was shining the whole room, it was warm. Ethan wanted to stay in the bed for the rest of the day.

Ethan rubbed his eyes to wake up properly. He slowly got out of the bed and the sudden pain in his legs made him to hiss from the pain.

"Oh shit, I forgot my legs." Ethan sighed as he looked down at his legs, he should be careful with them. He got up slowly as he walked towards the bathroom himself to wash his face, well not like the maids would do something like that and trouble themselves with taking care of Ethan.

Ethan washed his face with cold water, it was better with cold water because he wouldn't feel all sleepy for a while. After he was done with Washing his hands and face he brushed his teeth. In the end he was done with that.

"Hm, What should I do today." Ethan walked out from the room and put some shorts on and a white shirt, it was plain and normal clothes but Ethan didn't have any different clothes that he would wear and look like a real prince, I mean was he a prince to begin with? He wasn't even treated as one.

His bandages and small scars were now visible as he walked out of his room. He wonders what time it is now? did he sleep too much? He was exhausted so he maybe slept for a long period of time.

The moment Ethan went to the stairs,he heard some talking noises and from the voices he could guess that it was a woman and a man talking to each other. Ethan peeked over and saw Felix talking to the head maid.

'What?! What is he doing here?!' Ethan gulped down as he took one step back causing it to make a noise. Ethan's body halted at the right palace as he cursed in his mind, god why now?! Then that followed The head maid and Felix to look where the noise came from and they saw Ethan standing there.

"Your highness." Felix smiled and Ethan looked away, this was so damn uncomfortable... what was Felix doing here? And the head maid was so nervous for god knows why.

Ethan hesitantly walked down the stairs and Felix's eyes suddenly widened then darkened immediately.

'What? Why's he angry?' Ethan wondered but he didn't question it, he took one step back as he looked at Felix with even more confusion. Now this guy glaring at Ethan like that...What did Ethan even do?

"Why is his highness legs bandaged that poorly? and why does he have so many scars." Felix suddenly spoke with a cold voice and that made Ethan flinch a bit while the head maid started to tremble in fear.

Ethan looked down at his legs and forgot that he was wearing shorts, he should've worn pants, Ugh now he needs to explain and make some excuse up. If he would wear pants then that way Felix wouldn't have seen anything but it would've been bad for his injuries.

"I...got hurt nothing more." Ethan said with slight hesitance in his tone, Why was he protecting this maid- No, He wasn't. He would rather die than protect this thing, he was just doing this for his own sake. He looked at Felix who saw that Ethan didn't want to talk about it so Felix didn't suppress it any further.

"Why are you here tho?" Ethan asked a question and changed the subject suddenly to not talk about this topic anymore, Felix let out a sigh as he answered back.

"I'm here to bring you to your majesty." Felix spoke a smile as Ethan nodded his head.

"I see."

"..." Ethan looked at Felix after he realized what Felix said as Felix had an innocent smile on. Ethan On the other hand stood there flabbergasted, What?!! There was no way that scumbag was planning to see Ethan too!!