𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. love letters from the grave

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ˚ɞ act iii . . .
the dying breaths of hope

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  THIRTY-ONE
───── ❛ love letters from the grave

  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  THIRTY-ONE ───── ❛ love letters from the grave  ❜

     PERCY DID, in fact, get yelled at in the morning.

When Annabeth woke everyone up and started them off down a corridor to the left, Laurie was already scolding him. She gave him an earful of complaints, name-calling, and a couple of slaps to the shoulder, and he took all of it with a bitten-back smile.

He was grateful for it though, for it made it easier for him to forget the ominous dreams that he'd been plagued with when he actually did get some sleep. He didn't know why this one had particularly freaked him out, but he didn't think his friends needed to hear all about it.

As they traveled, the walls transformed to dirt with cedar beams, resembling an old mining shaft. They'd just started, and Annabeth was already starting to get agitated.

"This isn't right," she frowned. "It should still be stone."

They stepped into a cave that held low-hanging stalactites attached to the ceiling. In the middle of the dirt floor was a rectangular pit, like a grave.

Grover shuddered. "It smells like Underworld in here."

Laurie glanced at him, hoping she wasn't what he was referring to. She'd been called a child of the Underworld a handful of times before, but nobody had ever said that she smelt like one.

Percy eased her worries when he caught sight of a foil wrapper and mucky concoction inside the pit and said, "Nico. He was summoning the dead again."

Tyson sniveled. "There were ghosts here. I don't like ghosts."

Again, Laurie was a little offended, but she ignored it.

"We have to find him," Percy said with a sense of urgency. Before anyone could say anything else, he was taking off down the hall.

"Percy!" Laurie called after him before following closely behind on his heels. Their friends joined chasing after Percy, who didn't stop until he ducked into a tunnel and found himself being bathed in sunlight.

His friend followed closely behind, squinting up at the sun that blazed into their eyes through a set of bars above their heads. They stood beneath a steel grate made up of metal pipes, the sight of trees and blue sky peeping through the gaps.