𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. plan d for dam awful

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
      if clarity's in death . .      

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-TWO,
───── ❛ plan d for dam awful

        HAVING GROWN UP in the seclusion of Camp from the ages of nine to thirteen, Laurie had never seen many landmarks and monuments in her time

        HAVING GROWN UP in the seclusion of Camp from the ages of nine to thirteen, Laurie had never seen many landmarks and monuments in her time. That being said, she was pretty sure that the concrete dam that curved around the mountainside before her was the most impressive one of them all.

Their water rides had came to an end when the dam cut off the water flow, meaning that their journey would have to be continued on-foot.

"Hoover Dam." Thalia marveled, being the first one to climb out of her canoe. "It's huge."

Everyone followed her lead and hopped out of their boats, which were then floated back downstream by a grumbling group of naiads.

"Seven hundred feet tall," Percy said as they all gazed at the dam.

"First built in the 1930s." Laurie added on with a reminiscent smile, not reminiscing on a time when she'd been there before but on when she'd heard those words.

"Five million cubic acres of water ." Thalia said.

Grover sighed and tacked on, "Largest construction project in the United States."

Zoe stared at all four of them. "How do you know all of that?" She asked.

"Annabeth." Percy answered. "She really liked architecture."

"She was nuts about monuments." Thalia said.

"Spouted off facts all the time." Grover sniffled. "So annoying."

"I wish she was here." Laurie mumbled, looking sadly upon the dam.

Grover and Percy nearly gave themselves whiplash with how quickly they looked at her. They knew that the last time she and Annabeth had seen each other was two summers ago and that then, they'd been on good terms, some may even call them friends, but really?

Laurie didn't care what they thought. The only time she had gotten to see Annabeth was back at Westover Hall for all of five minutes, half of it which the daughter of Athena had spent tackling Laurie. She just wanted to see her friend again. She wanted her Annabeth back.

Zoe stared at all of her friends weirdly, not that any of them cared. It seemed like a cruel kind of joke played on them all by fate that they would be at one of Annabeth's favorite monuments without her there to gush over it.

"We should go up there." Percy suggested. "For her sake. Just so we can say we've been."

"You are mad." Zoe decided, looking at the boy. "But that's where the road is," She pointed to a parking garage near the top of the dam. "So sightseeing it is."