𝐱𝐢𝐢. . . you're already in one

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act i . . .
     change in perspective

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWELVE ,
───── ❛ . . . you're already in one

          LAURIE SEEMED TO have a repeating cycle of returning from quests alone

          LAURIE SEEMED TO have a repeating cycle of returning from quests alone. And she would be the first to say that she was not a fan of it.

Luke had been the one to find her there, thrown out across the grass that seemed to be smoldering beneath her. When she had regained her bearings and realized where she was, she'd given her stepbrother the biggest hug of her life, not even thinking to ask what he was doing at the Hill at such a time as midday.

The older boy had spewed out approximately one million question by the time they made it safely down the hill, where Alec caught sight of Laurie and cut off Luke's questions by tackling the girl to the ground in an oh thank the gods you're back and not dead hug.

Fortunately for Laurie, she didn't have to answer too many questions about her absent companions because the next day, they'd made their own way back to camp. Percy returned to Zeus his master bolt after fighting Ares ( yes, like the god himself ) and taking the risky airplane ride back to New York. The quest was a success, no matter how many bumps there had been in the rode.

Her friends had never felt more relieved than when they arrived at camp and found Laurie there to greet them and not in the Underworld.

As everyone knew, they were the first ones to return from a quest all alive and successful since Luke's one so long ago, so everyone at camp did the expected thing: went nuts and treated them like they'd won the superbowl or something.

According to camp traditions, they wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in their honor, ( Percy made a joke about them being "Laurie wreaths"; Laurie punched him ) then lead a procession to the bonfire, where they got to burn the burial shrouds their cabins had made in their absences.

Annabeth's had been a beautiful gray silk that her siblings in cabin 6 had carefully created, embroidered with owls in golden thread.

Seeing that he had no siblings to make his shroud, the Ares kids had offered to make Percy's shroud. It wasn't quite as gorgeous as the Athena cabin's, being made out of an old bedsheet with the word "loser" painted across the middle in capital red letters.

Laurie's had been made by the Hephaestus cabin, ( curtesy of Luke losing an intense game of rock, paper, scissors to Alec ) a beautifully articulated pink shroud with what was supposed to be flowers sewn into it with copper wiring.

Percy thoroughly enjoyed burning his, though Laurie wasn't so adamant on getting rid of hers, wonky flowers included.

The Apollo kids lead everyone in a camp-wide singalong, including one of the newest cabin 7 campers, Will, who was the life of the party by screaming Living on a Prayer at the top of his lungs.