𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. tainted by time

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
      if clarity's in death . .      

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  SEVENTEEN ,
───── ❛ comfort found in
the rushing of water 

      APPARENTLY, PERCY WAS an absolute idiot for thinking that the moment he'd had ( or at least, what he thought was one ) with Laurie meant anything

She'd spent all of breakfast and lunch with the Hunters of Artemis, chatting with and asking Zoe Nightshade so many questions that it was a wonder her ear had yet to fall off.

How was Percy supposed to tell her all about his dream about Annabeth and Luke if she wouldn't even give him the time of day?

Percy had chalked it up to her being curious about working so closely to the goddess Artemis, whom he knew Laurie admired, but it was much more than that, and Grover was the one that knew it.

"I gotta say, you're taking this surprisingly well." Grover had told him at lunch, sitting at the lonely Cabin Three table with Percy.

"I'm taking what surprisingly well?" The boy asked through a mouthful of food.

Grover nodded towards the table crammed full of Hunters of Artemis, two of them turned around and deep in conversation with Laurie, who stood at the side of their table, far away from her own.

"She's just talking to them, what's the big deal?" Percy asked.

Oh, Grover thought.

"Okay, you remember what you said— about how it was weird that the Hunters just happened to show up at Westover Hall? I think they might've been scouting us." The satyr explained, tapping his fingers nervously against the table.

"Scouting us? What do you mean?" Percy asked, his nose crinkled up in question. His mind was on a very different track than Grover's and he didn't understand in the slightest how the two topics were connected.

Grover shoved across the table a brochure for the Hunters of Artemis. In bold letters printed across the front it read: A WISE CHOICE FOR YOUR FUTURE!

The boy looked over the front of the booklet at pictures of maidens doing things like shooting bows, chasing monsters, and wielding shields.

Breaking his concentration of reading, Grover told Percy, "I found it in Annabeth's backpack."

Percy scrunched his brows together and stared at his friend. "I don't understand."

"Well, it seems to me that maybe, Annabeth was thinking about joining." Grover told him hesitantly.

Percy stared some more.

That didn't make any sense. Annabeth always talked about her dream of becoming an architect, how could she do that if she were an eternal fourteen year old running wild with the Hunters?