𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. now presenting: the consequences of your own decisions

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act iii . . .
the dying breaths of hope

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-NINE,
───── ❛ now presenting: the
consequences of your own decisions

  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  TWENTY-NINE, ───── ❛ now presenting: the consequences of your own decisions ❜

LAURIE HAD ABSOLUTELY no business being in Cabin Six. One minute, she was stomping across the camp grounds as her anger fizzled out after the war council while everyone else was still waiting for Annabeth to return from the Oracle. The next, she was getting dragged into that very girl's cabin by Marjorie.

The Athena cabin was cozy, to say the least. One wall was lined with a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf stuffed full of books and scrolls. Workbenches filled the open space in the middle of the floor with numerous halfway completed projects atop.

The beds were tucked away against the walls like they weren't of much importance, but that was where Laurie and Marjorie were now.

The bunks had little string lights weaved around the banisters and linking one bed to another, warming the room with a yellowish haze. The two girls sat on Mars's bottom bunk, their legs pressed on top of fluffy grey and light blue blankets.

Mars was yammering on about how she had embarrassed herself in front of the entire Hephaestus cabin approximately ten minutes ago as Laurie listened with a scrunched-up face.

"Girl, it's Cabin Nine. I can guarantee you that they do not care." She reassured her. Laurie was thankful to have been dragged into the cabin by her friend who wanted to spill her guts about her morning, seeing as Laurie's hadn't gone particularly well and she was in great need of a distraction.

"I don't care that it was Cabin Nine, I care that it included Alec." Mars admitted, giving Laurie a look that she should've been able to pick up on, but did no such thing instead.

"So?"

"I looked like an idiot!"

"Alec is an idiot."

"Yeah, well, he's a cute idiot and I need to stop embarrassing myself in front of him." Mars grumbled.

Laurie's mouth dropped open as her face lit up. She gasped, loud and dramatic and the epitome of teenage girl.

"You like him!" She exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger at her friend.

"Gee, how'd you figure that one out?" The blonde remarked, her voice bleeding with sarcasm.

Laurie opened her mouth to speak once again when the door to the cabin came swinging open.

"Has anyone seen Laurie?"

Annabeth's voice rang throughout the almost empty cabin. She quickly retracted her question when she saw that the very girl she was searching the camp for had finally been found.