𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. two sides of the same coin

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
if clarity's in death . .

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-FOUR,
───── ❛ two sides of the same coin

  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  TWENTY-FOUR, ───── ❛ two sides of the same coin ❜

warnings! violence & death!!

WHEN THE MIST cleared and all was said and done, Laurie would forever remember this place as the most beautiful she'd ever set foot in. The garden of twilight on the side of the mountain, a gorgeous change of scenery from the blood red the sky was splashed with and storm clouds that swirled above.

The lush meadow of grass shimmered with silvery evening light and the flowers were so fragrant and vibrant that they almost seemed to glow. Trees filled with golden apples were dotted about, accessible by a black marble path that wound about.

Other than the giant and terrifying dragon that was napping at the base of a tree, it was a place of pure tranquility and warmth.

Laurie had never seen a place so wonderful, so ethereal. She could feel it the second she'd set foot upon the grass, the pure surge of power that it had given her. The refined energy of nature all around and the sheer beauty of the place was right up her alley. This was her domain.

The awe-filled eyes of the half-bloods were brought back to reality by the melodic sound of beautiful, eerie singing from the distance.

Percy reached for his sword, for he wasn't fond of his past experiences with siren-like songs, but Zoe stopped him.

Four figures shimmered into existence before them, four young women whose looks favored Zoe's. Dressed in white Greek chitons that contrasted against their caramel skin and midnight colored hair that tumbled past their shoulders, the Hesperides looked just like their sister— gorgeous and deadly.

"Sisters," Zoe greeted them.

"We do not see any sister," One of them said. "All we see are a Hunter and three half-bloods, all of whom shall die shortly."

"You've got it wrong," Percy spoke up. "Nobody is going to die."

The girls studied him with piercing eyes and a scrutinizing gaze. "Perceus Jackson," said one.

"Yes," mused another. "I do not see why he is a threat."

"Who said I was a threat?"

The first Hesperid glanced over her shoulder and towards the top of the mountain. "They fear thee. They are unhappy that this one has not yet killed thee."

She pointed at Laurie.

Well shit, Percy thought. He knew Laurie, and he knew good and well that she wasn't going to just kill someone without reason.