𝐢𝐢𝐢. teamwork makes the dream work

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ⌇˚ɞ act i . . .
change in perspective               

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  THREE ,
───── ❛ teamwork makes
the dream work

     THE MINUTE PERCY was told that he needed armor and a weapon for capture the flag, he wasn't too sure how excited he was about it anymore

THE MINUTE PERCY was told that he needed armor and a weapon for capture the flag, he wasn't too sure how excited he was about it anymore. They take this whole camp thing a little too seriously, he thought.

The campers all cheered when the cabins in possession of the flags ran in, their different colored banners gleaming in the sunlight. "Those are the flags?" Percy yelled towards Luke over the noise. "Yeah!" The boy replied.

"Do Ares and Athena always lead the teams?" He questioned, looking between the contrasting team colors of deep red and bright gray. "Not always, but often. Persephone and we get it a lot too." Luke told him.

Right, Persephone's cabin that consisted of one person. Laurie. Percy would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed by the little to no interactions they'd had since he arrived at camp. Aside from a measly wave the day before, the only other interaction they'd had was when she said hi to him at the campfire that night before walking right past him and sitting with some curly-haired boy he didn't know. Not that he knew many people at camp.

He could've asked Luke what was wrong with his sister, but he decided that was probably a bad idea and settled for another flag-base question.

"So, if another cabin captures one, what do you do? Repaint the flag?" He asked. A small smile reached Luke's face as he answered, "You'll see."

"Whose side are we on?"

The blonde gave a sly smirk, the scar on his face making him look even more dubious. "We've made a temporary alliance with Athena. Tonight, we get the flag from Ares. And you're gonna help." He told him.

"In your dreams, swiper." A voice said from behind them. The boys turned to find Laurie standing there, clad in armor with her hair tied back, her sword swaying in the hand at her side. "I'm getting that flag."

"There's no 'i' in team, flower power." The older blonde scoffed.

"There's an i in Laurie." She responded amusedly.

"You're on the Ares team?" Percy asked her incredulously, his brows raised in almost disbelief as he interrupted.

"Yeah," the girl shrugged. "I kinda owed Alec a favor. Besides, now Hermes has got you." She nodded towards Percy.

Percy was pretty confident in the fact that the only thing he contributed to the team was confusion, but whatever floats your boat.

He also didn't have any idea who this Alec was that she had mentioned, but he assumed it was some child of Ares. Go figure, he was totally wrong.