𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. mosaic hearts

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
if clarity's in death . .

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 EIGHTEEN,
───── ❛ mosaic hearts

       LAURIE WASN'T SURE what to expect when her cabin door was knocked on at six in the morning

LAURIE WASN'T SURE what to expect when her cabin door was knocked on at six in the morning. Was she in trouble? Had something else bad happened? Was it Alec and he was in trouble? That was the most likely one.

With the need to know, the girl forced herself out of bed, making an attempt on the way to the door to smooth out her wild hair that was the result of a long night's worth of nightmares.

When she opened it, she was met with the faces she'd expected the least: Zoe Nightshade and Bianca di Angelo.

Seeing the two of them standing there all put together and alive and alert so early in the day, whereas she looked like she hadn't seen the light of day in her entire life was embarrassing, to say the least.

"Um, good morning?" She greeted them, her tone holding question. Her voice was raspy too, still thick with sleep and betraying her in her attempt to seem at least halfway awake.

"Morning!" Bianca grinned, throwing her a little wave over Zoe's shoulder. So Bianca was a morning person— noted.

The girl's smile was almost blinding. Nobody should've been that happy at six am.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be, uh, leaving for your quest soon?" Laurie asked, rubbing sleep from her eye and focusing. Her brain was awake now, buzzing with curiosity.

"That is what we have come to discuss with thee." Zoe told her.

That made Laurie's nerves jump. If they were going to ask her for any information she might've had from the Andromeda, then they might as well turn around now. She didn't know anything else and she didn't want to.

"An incident has occurred with Phoebe and she
is unable to accompany us on this quest. We realize this is last minute, but the Hunters and I have discussed and come to an unanimous decision." Zoe explained.

Laurie nodded along understandingly, although wondering what had happened to Phoebe, the third Hunters who'd  been selected yesterday for the quest.

"That is why I am here personally to ask
, not as a favor but as a duty, if thee would take her place and accompany us on this quest to save our goddess." Zoe said.

For a moment, Laurie felt her brain short-circuit and she didn't know what to think. Then, the realization dawned upon her.

The Lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis had just personally asked her to go on the quest with them. Not only that, but the rest of the girls had agreed to it, despite their dislike for campers.