Chapter 1: Emelia - Tormenting Nightmares & Its Cure

I was back there.

Back in the caverns of the final repository where I defeated Ranrok.

The red swirls of magic danced around me with no real destination. I used my wand to bring a small piece towards me, observing the red whirls of pain closer. I remember that I was tempted to do what Isidora did – to breathe it in and feel its power, but I didn't want to get stronger that way. I didn't want to be like her; I had to be better, for the Keepers, those depending on me, my friends I wanted to protect, Professor Fig...myself...

I tore my eyes from the small swirl at the tip of my wand to the surroundings around me, seeing the other countless pieces of pain that Isidora extracted, thinking she was helping, each piece – big or small – represented a person.

There were so many...

I sighed and released the pain from my hold, only for it to change course instantly and make its way behind me. I followed it, curiously, spinning around completely only to come face to face with...me?

The leather outfit hugged her figure, showing off her curves in all the right places; their dark cape, waving slightly as they gradually made their way towards me. Their pitch-black hair in a high ponytail that swayed her long, voluminous locks behind her. The swirl of magic made its way to the edge of her wand, her lips grinned darkly, stretching wider to an evil smile. She stopped a couple feet away from me and I could now see the black eyeshadow that enclosed her green intimidating eyes.

"What...? Who...?" I began to say, but my evil twin chuckled in amusement.

"Are you really just going to let all this magic – this power – go to waste?" she wondered curiously, closing her eyes, inhaling the dark magic she had captured, deeply; she exhaled, letting her head hang forward a bit before she opened them and her eyes glowed bright red.

I took a step back, stunned at witnessing myself do such a thing. I prepared myself in a fighting stance, holding my wand out towards her.

My duplicate laughed. "You can't defeat me," she stated, "I'm the better version of you. I did what you couldn't, what you're too afraid and pathetic to do. And for what? For the Keepers, being their little puppet? Following their every command and request? Afraid to face the consequences of the Ministry if they find out your little secrets, what your friends will think of you, of everyone that looks up to you as the heroine of Hogwarts," she continued, putting 'heroine' in quotes, "or...is it because of that worthless, dead daddy figure that you cared so much for, and you just want to make him proud?" They hissed in a teasing tone, scoffing.

I flinched, clenching my wand tight, feeling a sense of anger boiling inside my core; I felt the energy around me rise higher that my eyesight was flashing blue, flickering like a lightbulb. I shook my head and ignored the blue blinking before me, my eyesight returning to normal.

"Oh shit, I must've hit a big nerve..." the dark me murmured, sounding pleased.  

"Never fucking speak ill of Professor Fig again," I warned, "Confringo!" I hollered, casting the spell towards her with all my might.

She blocked it with ease and glared at me through her eyelashes. "Tsk, tsk, tsk," she shook her head, "the mouth on you though...I like it," she smirked approvingly, gradually stalking forward.

I emitted another spell, but she blocked it effortlessly.

She sighed annoyed. "I can't believe I was ever this weak."

I groaned frustrated and threw all the spells I knew at her, using my ancient magic behind each cast, but to no prevail; my stronger self, blocked, dodged, and moved faster than I ever could.