Chapter 06 (Engagement)

Scene starts in a temple where both families were sitting with a purohit (priest) and they were here for finding a auspicious date for marriage. It's had been 3 weeks of there first meeting and nothing changed except Poonam's behaviour. Poonam started ignoring everyone including her parents, they tried to talk to her but she never replied them, because whenever she see them, her heart always bleeds because of their betrayal.

On the other side, Kaushal's behaviour changed suddenly, he had been so restless since he saw her, it's seems like she became his drug and he couldn't live without that. No it's not love but attraction towards her beauty.

Purohit told them to exchange ring as they decided to keep Ring ceremony as simple as they can, because of Manohar's financial condition. Kaushal took out the ring from the box and forward his palm towards her to place her hand, she placed her shivering hand in his palm as soon as her palm touched his, she get goosebumps and her cheeks turned hue, Kaushal smirk seeing his effect on her.

Poonam wasn't blushing because she likes him or something, it was just the first time she had let any other male except her family males touch her hand. Kaushal slides the ring in her finger and Poonam also slides the ring in his finger after purohit signalled her.

Kaushal was only looking at her whole time making her timid under his gaze. They even had an eye contact for 00.1 seconds because as soon as her eyes locked with him, she quickly moved her eyes down at her lap and again her cheeks turned crimson red and Kaushal smiled looking at her.

His staring ends when purohit Ji said, that he found a perfect date for their wedding, Kaushal looked at him with blank look and Poonam looked at him in tension.

"Agle mahine ki 6 tarik ko din subh hai aur uske alaava December mein 12 ko subh muhoort hai"
(Auspicious wedding dates are either in next month on 6th or in December on 12th )

Purohit words were like thunderstorms to her because there's only 2 weeks left for this month to end and May to come. she was just praying in her mind to let the wedding be in December but her hopes crushed again, when Arvin Mishra said they will do wedding in May itself and Manoj agreed on this.

"Maaf kijiyega Bhaishab, par ladki ki shadi hai itni sari tyari krni hoti hai aur marketing bhi toh hai" Santi Devi voiced out because she knew that her daughter needed time.
(Pardon Mister, but we have to do all preparations and marketing and as you know marrying your daughters is not a easy task)

Everyone's gaze moved to her making her feel nervous but she noticed that her daughter's gaze was filled with gratefulness. Her eyes teared up a bit but she controlled herself.

"Ha Santi, hum tumhari baat samajhte hai par tum chinta mat kro, mein sab dekh lunga" Manoj said.
(Yes Santi, we understand what you're trying to say but don't worry, I'll take care of everything)

"par bhaishab, December mein agr shadi rkhi jaayegi, toh Poonam ko bhi thoda samay mil jayega, mera matlab hai ki abhi wo chhoti haina toh mein use December tak sab sikha bhi deti, ki ghar- grehsati kese sambhalte hai" Santi Devi voiced out her concern making others looked at her with cold look except her husband and her children.
(But bhaishab, if marriage will be held in December, so Poonam can also get some time I mean she's till small and immature, so I would teach her everything about family and it's responsibilities till December)

"Iski koi jarurt nhi hai, apki beti ab humari ho chuki hai, use hume jo sikhana hoga, hum sikha denge aur jitne din wo hai, use sikha dijiye jo bhi sikhana hai, par shadi toh agle mahine hi hogi" Arvind Mishra stated in his deep and cold voice making Santi Devi nod her head helplessly and Poonam close her eyes in defeat.
(There's no need for this, your daughter is ours now, we will teach her whatever she will need to know. And teach her whatever you want in those remaining days but marriage will happen in next month only)

Poonam just smiled sarcastically looking at shivling, her mahadev was testing her so much now, but a person among them was able to see her pain behind her smile.

........... To be Continued
Bye till tomorrow

Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and update details. I'D:- talesofbani

 I'D:- talesofbani