34

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

Ariana yawned to herself feeling herself getting tired. Kevin had woken her up early to send her off to get her hair and nails done, she wasn't sure why but she didn't mind it at all.

She had on a red grey sweat set with matching uggs along with her Tory Burch purse hanging over her shoulder. She had woken up from her nap as her lashes were getting done. Walking outside of the beauty shop, a car honked at her. It was white cadillac xts, the windows rolled down soon after revealing a familiar face.

"Kay asked me to pick you up." Mhady said eyeing the girl.

"Oh okay." She said as she reluctantly getting into the passenger side. She remembered his face from going over to Kevin's house a few times, but she hardly spoke to him.

"Do you know where is he? He isn't answering my calls." She said turning to look at him.

"I don't know. He just told me to drop you off on the Sev."

She silently nodded to herself, looking away from him. The car ride was awfully quiet but she preferred it that way. She was naturally a reserved person and hated uncomfortable small talk. It was like God was listening to her thoughts because Mhady opened his mouth and spoke.

"You from here?" He asked, looking over at her as he stopped at a red light.

"Yeah. I'm from the Sev."

"Oh damn. You and Kay go way back?"

"Something like that."

"Why I never seen you around before?" His tongue went over his bottom lip, looking away from the road to look at the girl for a split second.

Ariana shrugged and began to scroll on her phone as she sensed his eyes on her. "I don't know. I moved once I turned 18."

Luckily he didn't continue conversation and the car ride remained silent besides when he would get phone calls and he would make the conversation brief.

As the car came to a stop, she looked out the window and seen Kay standing on the corner with a few of his friends. He had on a black nike tech suit with his Moncler jacket over it. His hair was straighten out, like he got it blown out which left her wondering why because he knew he hated heat on his hair.

She quickly turned back to Mhady, thanking him for the ride before getting out the car. Once Kevin's eyes landed on her, he excused himself from his conversation and met her half way down the side walk.

His tongue went over his bottom lip, admiring everything from her fresh set to how her skin glowed whenever her hair was freshly done.

"You look mad good." He mumbled before placing his lips on hers.

"Thank you." She smirked, pulling away. "And thank you for booking everything."

"It's my job to take care of you. He didn't try no funny shit right?" He said keeping his hands around her waist. She gave him a look before realizing he was referring to Mhady.

"No. Why would he?"

Kay shrugged. "That nigga be looking at you funny. Like he wanna fuck you. I was going to send Setty but he was busy."

She quickly sucked her teeth in denial. "You say that about everybody."

"You know you see it too. As long as he don't try nothing we good. Last nigga who tried some shit got flocked at."

"Yeah whatever. Why did you have me get everything done? And why am I here?" She crossed her arms.

He didn't answer her question instead he dug in his pockets for his car keys and unlocked his car. He opened the passenger side door for her, letting her get in. She turned to see Dougie and Giselle already seated in the backseat.

"Wassup Ari." Dougie greeted her.

"Hey Dougie. What do yall have planned?' She raised an eyebrow as Kay go into the car.

"Why you asking so many questions?" Kay interrupted.

She rolled her eyes and looked at Giselle. "You wouldn't lie to me. What is going on?"

Giselle smirked and shrugged, picking up her phone. Ari rolled her eyes playfully and turned back around.

"I'm tired."

"I know. You can sleep on the plane."

"Plane? Kay where we are going? I'm not going anywhere without Kimora." Ariana complained.

"Chill. Your mom going to be watching her. You don't got to worry about work I convinced them to give you a few days off."

"But-"

"Ari girl can you just chill for once?" Giselle said.

"But who's going to watch her?"

"Ariana just chill. You never taking time for yourself. Just let me do this shit for you this one time. Your birthday tomorrow and you was about to go to work and act like it was a regular ass day."

She sighed and sat back in the seat realizing he was partially right. She doesn't remember the last time she willingly wanted to celebrate her birthday. Ever since she had Kimora, she became her whole world and hardly did anything for herself.

"I talked to your mom. She'll watch her."

"Okay." She said finally giving in.

"Like damn. A nigga can't do nothing good for you."

"Where are we going?"

"Mexico."

"Kevin Perez..you're insane."

"I'm in love, not insane."