2

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚗, 𝙽𝚈𝙲

"Bitch I'm tired. Can we go home now?" Giselle complained.

"One more please. It's right down the street." Ariana begged. The two were in the middle of Manhattan, running around the city as they went apartment hunting. The first apartment, they both agreed that they hated it and it was too far. The second one was decent but it didn't have any other kids in the building which Ariana felt like wasn't good for her daughter. The third was a good option but now they were dwelling on going on a fourth tour as they both were tired of running around all day.

"Okay fine."

"Thank you." She smiled at her friend, gleeful that she had someone who was willing to do this with her. The two walked 2 blocks down and walked in the luxury apartment complex.

"Hi we're here for a viewing of one of the units in this building." Ariana said to the man sitting behind a desk at the front. He stood up, cheerfully.

"Welcome. The tour is self guided, if you need anything feel free to ask me anything. Can I get your name?"

"Ariana Benard."

He looked down at a list, it was a long list which made the both of them nervous about the possibility of Ariana actually getting the apartment.

"You're set to view 3B. You can take the elevator right up. I hope you enjoy." He said handing her the code to the door.

"Thank you."They said in unison.

They went up to the third floor, and unlocked the door with the code that was given to her. They both were immediately in awe seeing the chandelier in the middle of the space. It was a two bedroom, something she wanted.

"This living room big as fuck. Rent gotta be 7000 plus."

"Online it said it was only 2000. That's not bad at all for Manhattan." Ariana said as she looked over at the marble kitchen island.

"Wow? Let's look at the rooms."

They stared off in one of the medium sized rooms. Perfect for Kimora if she planned on growing up here.

"She would love this." Ariana said in awe.

"I know. This so cute."

As they took a look at the master bedroom, she knew automatically this was somewhere she wanted to live in.

"You like it so far?" Giselle asked her.

"Yeah. Better than all of the apartments we went to go see today. What do you think?" She said, constantly wanting to know her bestfriend's opinion on things.

"Nah I fuck with this. I feel like this kid friendly too and your job a couple blocks away."

"Yeah also her pre school is around the area too."

"Pre school? They grow up so fast." She fake sniffled. "I was just in the hospital with you when you was about to have her.."

"I know right. Can't believe she been around for four years?"

"What are you doing for her birthday?"

"She keep talking about how she want a pool party like girl. I would most likely have to do all of that in my parent's backyard.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, following with the guy from the reception coming into the room. "Are you ladies liking it so far?"

"Yeah I love it. How much is rent?" She asked, wanting to clarify.

"This exact apartment is about 2300. Keep in mind this apartment comes with the amenities not only in the apartment but there's a pool, gym, community room, rooftop, laundry, playgrounds if you have any children, dog parks, and pet washing rooms."

"Oh you don't ever gotta leave your crib for nothing." Giselle laughed making the man laugh as well.

"I'll take some time to think about it. Maybe til the end of the week to decide whether or not I want to sign the lease."

"Okay. There's one other person set to view this apartment so I'll give you until next week to decide hun."

"Thank you." She smiled. The two of them got their belongings and headed out, going back into Ariana's car.

"You know what you want to do?" Giselle asked her, sitting in the passenger side.

"I don't know. I wanna sign the lease but at the same time you don't think I'm going to regret moving?"

"What is there to regret? You leaving the Bronx that's a blessing. It'll be good for Kimora too. Just give it some thought though."

Before she could respond, Ariana's phone went off. She looked at the caller id seeing it was her mom calling her.

"Hello?"

"Hi mommy." Ari instantly smiled hearing her child's voice.

"Hi love. How are you?"

"I'm good. Grandma is teaching me creole again. Where are you?"

"I'm headed back home. I'm with Giselle." She said flipping the camera so it faced her. The two waved at each other. Gisele also got a phone call at the same time so she set the phone back to her.

"When are you coming to get me ma?"

"When do you want me to? I was going to come tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is fine."

"Okay love. I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'm about to drive so I'll call you when I'm home okay?"

"Okay." She said waving bye at me before she hung up.

"Who car you in?" She heard a voice say through Giselles's phone.

"A friends." She said while having a mug plastered on her face.

"Giselle stop playing with me. Flip your camera."

She looked at Ariana who made a face.

"Word to my dead if you with a nigga I'm going to violate. I'm not joking."

She sucked her teeth and showed Ariana on the camera as she drove.

"Who that?"

"Ari." She mumbled. Arianna looked to the site seeing Dougie's face on the screen.

"Ari Ari? Oh shit wassup." He said. She gave him a wave and awkwardly looked away. Giselle put the camera back onto her.

"Okay now you know I'm not with no nigga. I'll call you back."

"Ight my fault." He said making her suck her teeth and bang the phone on him.

"He be blowing mines."

"He always like that?"

"Always. Always thinking I'm with some nigga."

"You two have been together for a while though, why don't y'all move in with each other?"

"I don't know. I fake don't wanna live with him. That'll be hell."

Ariana let out a laugh. "I get it. You want me to drop you off home right?"

"Yeah. Thank you."