9

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

"She sleeping?" Ariana asked as she walked out of her bedroom with a robe on. Today was wash day so she usually had Giselle come over to help her out.

"Yeah. Gave her some rice and beans and sis knocked out." Giselle said.

"Girl I forgot to bring this up but why she was talking about she wanna see her dad and that she miss him?" Giselle said as her friend sat at the kitchen island with a confused look on her face. Her hair was now in braids tucked under her bonnet in hopes to do a braid out tomorrow morning for work.

Ariana looked away, slowly putting a grape in her mouth. "She met Kevin."

"Bitch? You didn't tell me this!" Giselle's eyes widened as she spoke.

"Yeah. I forgot. Sorry."

"How do you forget something like that? Dougie told him? His rat ass."

"Girl I don't even know, I'm assuming he did. He came to my crib at the middle of the night and he just spazzed on me. Choked me and all. Yelling, almost woke her up." She said reminiscing about the other night. She was trying it be understanding about the way he reacted because what she did was wrong, but she did feel like he could've handled it better. They both could've.

"He choked you?" Giselle exclaimed, touching her neck lightly. The purple bruise hardly showed on her dark skin, but it was still there. "Yeah. Yall back on toxic timing already."

"It's not even like that he hates me."

"He'll get over it. But how was it?"

"I'm not gon lie she already loves him. It's like the opposite of what I thought was going to happen is happening."

"You see. Give it a couple months you'll realize this was the best decision you ever made. I'm happy he came to you because we all knew you wasn't going to tell him."

"Girl I was. Maybe not now but I was eventually." She said picking at her nails. She felt like she had this big weight coming off her shoulder. "I can already tell this is going to be good for her. I like seeing her happy."

"After all a girl really does need their dad."

"Yeah...in some ways." She shrugged.

"So there's no hope for you too getting back together?" Giselle smirked.

"Giselle wake up we in 2023. Me and Kay was left years ago. Plus we were too toxic. I think we're just best co-parenting. I thought you told me he had a girlfriend?" She said remembering from when they were stalking his page a while back.

"He does, but who cares?"

"I do. He cheated on me, why would I want him to cheat on her with me?"

"Who said he had to cheat?"

"You're delusional." She laughed. "He should be coming to take her any minute now. I kind of don't want her to go, but I have to be able to trust him with her alone."

"Aww y'all really co parenting? I think he'll be just fine with her. What could go wrong?"

"I don't know, you know how I am. He's just going to spend the weekend with her. If she's not with my parents then she's with me, so I'm just scared."

As Giselle was about to respond there was a knock on the door. They both looked at each other and Giselle smirked as Ariana walked to the door.

"Hi." She dryly said, looking at Kevin. "You're early."