8

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

Ariana was in the middle of cleaning her lash extensions when she got a call from an unsaved number, her mind wandering over to Kevin, memorizing the first few digits of his number.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, what type of stuff she like? I'm at Starbucks." His deep voice said over the phone.

"She like cake pops. As for drinks just get her a mango dragonfruit refresher."

"Alright. You want anything?"

"No, thank you though."

"Ight. I'll see you in a couple minutes." He said. She noticed the shaky tone he had as he spoke.

"Kay you okay?"

"Yeah I'm just nervous. What if she don't like me or some shit?"

Ariana looked over at Kimora who was watching her morning show on her bed, smiling like how she always did.

"I'm sure she will like you Kevin."

"This shit all your fault. You know that right?"

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Sorry don't make up the years I missed."

She remained silent on the line, tears at the brink of her eyes.

"I'm about to order. I'll let you know when I'm near." He said hanging up on her. She fanned her eyes, sniffling a bit before getting dressed.

He told her to get her and Kimora ready for today, she didn't know what he had planned but she just went with the flow. To say she was nervous was an understatement. She didn't know how Kimora would adjust to him since she was shy around new people and she just felt bad knowing he kept him out the loop for so long.

"Where are we going today? Grandma's house?"

"No. We're meeting up with a friend."

"Auntie Giselle?"

"No, you'll see when they get here."

She sprayed Coco Chanel perfume onto her chest and neck when she heard the door bell go off.

"Mommy! The door." Kimora yelled. She got up and walked over to the door

Kimora always hid behind her mom when she was heading for the door. Ariana looked at the peephole, taking deep breaths nervously before she opened the door.

"Hi." She looked at her first love. Kevin was standing there with a platter of drinks and a teddy bear and bag in his other hand. She took the platter from him, setting it on the table to make it easier for him.

"Wassup." He looked away from her, looking down at Kimora. "Hi." He waved at her. She could already tell he adored her, just from the way he was looking at her. His face softened as he knelled down to her height.

"Hi." Kimora smiled and waved back at him. Ari was shocked because Kimora was always shy.

"These for you." He said handing her the big Winny the Pooh teddy bear.

She gasped, shocked at the size. "Thank you!" She said grabbing it. "Mommy look!"

"I see..you like it?" She stood there nervously. Kimora nodded, smiling up at Kay.

"I got you these too." He said taking out a barbie doll from the bag. He put a small smile on his face seeing how happy she looked.

"Thank you." She cheesed, running to her room to set the toys in her collection.