23

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

"Could've sworn I asked you if you wanted one Kimora." Jo sucked his teeth handing her the remains of his smoothie.

"She always doing that shit." Kay said, looking down at her as she sat on his lap. The three of them were at the mall, he tried to make up for missing part of her First day even though he took her to school for the rest of that week.

"How did that drill go the other day?" Jo asked making Kevin suck his teeth and make a hand gesture for him to be quiet. He put headphones on Kimora as she tapped away on her tablet.

"One of my mans got hit but them niggas never on nothing. Shit make the drill wack because none of them niggas shoot back."

His brother chuckled, bringing his ski mask back down. "You crazy."

"That's mommy?" Kimora randomly said gaining both of their attention.

"Where?" Kay said eagerly looking around. Kimora pointed to the left, with Kay quickly pulling her arm down.

He turned his head, furrowing his eyebrows seeing Ariana with Tremaine. Little did he know, the two worked things out. Ariana didn't mind if the two stopped talking but seeing Kevin with Ashley caused her to realize maybe Tremaine was better for her, and the past needs to stay in the past.

"The fuck is she doing?" He mumbled.

"Yo don't embarrass her. Y'all not even together." Jo said.

"Nah she buggin. I told her drop that nigga."

"And you thought she was just going to drop him?" Jo laughed.

"I got something for her when I drop her off home." He said not wanting to cause a scene in public and in front of his daughter.

They had plans afterwards but he was so impatient to get to Ariana's place. With him being afraid of breaking Kimora's heart he still let her drag him around from store to store all the way up until the mall closed. He dropped his corner off on the way back to Ariana's place. He was glad that Kimora fell asleep so she wouldn't be awake for whatever he thought he was going to say to her.

He walked into the penthouse, walking passed Ariana who was about to walk up to them. He set Kimora's sleeping body in her room and he made sure to tuck her in and close the door tightly on his way out.

"Wassup with you?" Ariana laughed. He straight faced her and shrugged. She had on a silky robe on with her hair pinned back and her face was shiny, he could tell she applied aquaphor to it. She looked pretty even when she was about to go to sleep.

"I'm good. You good?" He said.

"Yeah. You hungry?"

"Nah. We ate already."

"Oh really? Where did you guys go to eat?"

"Jo took us to some seafood spot. I didn't even know she liked seafood." He said still trying to mentally debate with himself.

"Me either."

"What you did today?"

"Just went shopping." She said looking down, adjusting the pillows on the couch.

"Giselle went with you?" He kept his glare on her.

"Why?"

"I can't ask?"

"Yeah she went with me."

Kay sat on the couch, laughing to himself. He debating whether to say something to her or just leave it alone. He usually was the type to always start an argument but for the first time in his life he felt like he was being toyed with.

"What's funny?" She questioned, sitting on the edge of the couch.

"You must think I'm dumb."

She sat there with a confused look on her face which pissed him off some more.

"I seen you with that nigga at the mall today. I told you let that nigga go." Kay continued.

She deeply sighed.  "Okay? What now?"

"Ariana you lucky I won't smack the fuck outta you right."

"Why are you so mad?"

"Because I thought we was working shit out." He said. What really upset him was how careless she was acting it reminded him of how he was years ago.

"No. I don't want that anymore. It'll only lead to someone getting hurt, and we both know it's going to be me."

"He know I broke your back in just last week?" He grabbed her by her neck.

"Stop touching me." She slapped his hand from around her.

"Yo bro stop raising your voice. She sleeping." He said. She rolled her eyes and walked back into her room with Kay following her.

"Fuck out my room. Kay I'm deadass." She snapped at him.

"Nah cause why you lying to me? I look like a nigga you could lie to? Word too I was going to let him slide but now?" He chuckled bitterly.

"Now what?"

"You going to see."

"All this because I'm giving you the same energy. You're crazy Kevin."

"I said I was sorry. You not understanding it was bad timing. We slept together that shit wasn't planned. I been with you all last week, I haven't spoken to her until I went back home she was in my crib. That's it. It's nothing to break up with her."

"So why wasn't it done already?" She said with her arms folded.

"Oh my god bro! I showed you I blocked her the fuck else you want? I was just telling you how I'm going to earn your trust back and this the shit you do?" He yelled.

"Kay it's hard to believe you. I know you didn't even believe yourself when you said that. Just leave."

"That's all you want me to do. Leave. I'm not leaving. I'll sleep on the couch."

"No just go. I don't even wanna see you right now."

"Word?" He smirked. She was nervous watching his facial expression but tried her best not to show it.

"Yeah word."

"Alright word to my dead you going to see."

"So you threatening me now? Grow up." She said. Kay couldn't help but feel himself get hard just off her appearance. He loved when she got loud, he just couldn't control himself with her.

"I said what I said ma." He laughed before walking out.