You're Ridiculous, But I Love You - Jen Beattie x Reader

I love Jen. I would have killed to see her do a High School Music TikTok when she left 😭 Like-

Beth - "WHAT ABOUT US?"

Steph - "WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?"

Jen - "WHAT ABOUT TRUST?"

Beth - "YOU KNOW I NEVER WANTED TO HURT YOU!"

Jen - "WHAT ABOUT MEEEE?"

Steph - "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOO?"

Jen - "I GOTTA LEAVE BUT I'LL MISS YOUUUUU!"

😭😭😭 okay sorry story time
--------------------

"Alright, Y/N?" Leah questioned as you plopped down next to her with a sigh. "You look dead."

You glanced tiredly at the defender. "I'd be better if Jen hadn't woken me up at two in the mornin'."

You'd been peacefully dreaming about waffles, the room nearly pitch black other than the harsh red light emitting from the electronic clock on your nightstand when Jen had jumped out of bed.

Waffles are just pancakes with abs-

"HERE WE GO-OOOO! LOTTE AND LESSI RUSSO!" Jen had sprung to her feet, pumping her fists in the air. She'd nearly fallen off the bed with a stupid grin on her face as you jolted awake. "WO-OOOAH! WO-OOOAH! HERE WE GO-OOO! LOTTE AND LESSI RUSSO!"

"What are you doing?" you'd squinted up at your girlfriend, voice scratchy and deep.

"I'm practicin' my cheerleadin'!" she'd responded cheerfully, placing her hands on her hips.

You had barely managed to register her words in your head. "Since when?"

"Since always!" She'd exclaimed. "Look!"

A glance at the clock had told you of the inconviently early time. "Huh-?"

"Twentyyy-fouuuur! Lacasse-"

"Jen, it's two in the-"

"-Runnin' down the wing! Lacasse!" the loud claps accompanying the lyrics only made it worse. "Hear the Arsenal sing! Lacasse! And we're gonna win the league! Twentyyy-fouuuuur-"

Your hand had shot out, snagging the bottom of your girlfriend's shirt and pulling her back down onto the mattress. "No. Bed."

Leah snorted the second you finished the story, exhaling loudly. "I don't know how you handle that."

"Y/N! Your girlfriend's gone viral on TikTok!" Steph called, a smirk on her face as Katie chucked someone's phone at you.

It took a second to realize why.

"JEN!" You screeched, shooting to your feet. "YOU WOKE ME UP AT TWO IN THE MORNIN' FOR A TIKTOK?"

She had the decency to look ashamed. "Sorry, honey."

You glared at her. "You didn't even tag me!"

Kyra laughed. "Jen, how could you?"

Beth looked horrified, gripping Steph's arm for support. "Jenny Beattie! How could you not tag your own girlfriend in a TikTok she didn't even know she was in?"

"I forgot to!" Jen protested, looking at you pleadingly. "I'm sorry, baby!"

Kim strolled into the changing room, stopping dead in her tracks at your scowl and Jen's kicked puppy expression. "What the hell's going on?"

"Jen didn't tag me even though I made her TikTok go viral!" You complained, causing Kim's brow to furrow.

Leah also looked confused. "I thought you were mad that she woke you up at two in the morning."

"Oh yeah," you agreed. "That too."

Steph grinned, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "Girly's got her priorities straight."

"Get your hands off my girlfriend!" Jen pouted, shoving Steph's arm away and replacing it with her own. "Y/N, honey, I'm sorry! Don't be mad, please!"

You frowned at her, turning away. "Too late, I'm already mad at you."

"No, please!" the defender was quick to grab your wrist. "I'm sorry! I'll give ye' cuddles later!"

You gave in. "Fine."

Katie scoffed. "Grow a pair, Y/N!"

You smacked her on the back of the head so hard she tumbled off the bench. "Good enough for you?"

The Irishwoman said nothing, a single wheeze escaping her lungs as she lay spread eagle with her face pressed onto the cold tiles.

"Yeah, Katie." Jen sniggered.

You turned your gaze to her. "You wanna go next?"

She shrunk. "No, dear."

------------------

"JENNN!" you yelled. "I WANT MY CUDDLES!"

You could hear her chuckle from downstairs. "One sec, love!"

You twiddle with your thumbs as you waited for her, smiling when she finally strolled through the doorway. "There you are."

"I was only a minute," she smiled back, giving you a quick kiss. "Must have missed me a lot, huh?"

You tugged on her sleeve. "Less talk, more cuddles."

The Scot climbed into bed, moving your head to lay on her chest as she wrapped her arms around you. "Better?"

"Mhm."

It was quiet for a moment. The only thing that you could hear was the rhythmic beating of Jen's heart, soothing and comforting as it sounded in your ear.

"Want to talk about anythin'?" your girlfriend asked, pulling the covers over the both of you.

"No, not really," you yawned. "Just make sure you tag me next time."

"I will!" she laughed. "I only forgot that one time, baby."

"And don't wake me up before the ass crack of dawn for a TikTok."

"I'm sorry! It was poor plannin' on my part."

You craned your neck up to kiss her. "You're ridiculous, but I love you."

She pecked you on the lips, pulling you closer. "I love you too."

----------------
Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!