You're Cute When You're Flustered - Jessie Fleming x Reader

"Hey Jeff," you grinned, sliding your arm around Jessie's shoulders. "My jersey looks good on you, but I bet it'd look even better off of you."

Jessie tripped on a pebble and sputtered, cheeks flushing bright red. "W- I... t-thanks!" she squeaked, running to her car as the rest of the girls cackled.

"Ah, when are you going to stop teasing the poor girl Y/N?" Millie chuckled as you walked out of Chelsea's training grounds. "At this rate, she's going to have a heart attack." You snickered.

2 weeks ago, you'd been talking with Sam at training when you'd caught Jessie staring at you, face redder than her Canadian jersey.

It had suddenly all clicked for you. The way Jessie smiled at you, the way she'd carry your stuff to the hotel when you traveled with the team, how she always called and asked if you needed anything.

The Canadian had a massive crush, and she had just never acted on it. From that moment on, you made it your mission to flirt with her until she grew a pair and asked you out. Besides, she was cute when she was flustered.

"I'll stop when she womans up and asks me out," you told Millie cheekily. "I can't ask her out or she might have an aneurysm."

Sam snickered. "Good luck with that."

-----------------------------------
2 Weeks Later

"Oi Jeffy!" you called, jogging up to her and Janine who were in their CANWNT tracksuits. "Whatcha doin?"

"U-um... just w- just walking," she stuttered.

Janine suppressed a smirk. "You've got it bad, Jess."

"We have to get to practice!" Jessie yelped, flushed. "Let's go, Janine!"

"IT'S OUR OFF DAY!" Jessie's best friend yelled to you as you smiled. Teasing Jessie was fun.

----------------------

Jessie POV:

"Just tell Y/N how you feel, Jeff," Janine said softly. "She's not gonna say no if you ask her out."

"How do you know?" I say, exasperated. Everyone made it sound so easy, and it wasn't. Every time I was near her, I couldn't form a single coherent sentence. I froze up, and my brain completely shut down. "Why would she say yes? There's no way she has feelings for me."

Janine rolled her eyes. "Jessie, do you really think she keeps flirting with you just because? She's trying to get your dumbass to ask her out."

"Really?" I asked uncertainly. "Is that why she keeps embarrassing me?"

"Yes, Jess! Oh my God, I can't believe it took you this long to figure it out."

"Screw you, Janine!" I shouted as I jogged back to the area where we'd seen Y/N.

If Janine and the rest of the girls at Chelsea really thought that Y/N had feelings for me, then maybe it's true. As I approached her, I began thinking of what to say.

"G'day, Jeffy!" she greeted, her Australian accent sounding sexier than usual. "What's up?"

"H-hi," I glanced up at her quickly before deciding to stare at my shoes. "I was just wondering i-if... you wanted to go on a date?"

I forced my eyes to meet hers, and she grinned. "Good on ya! I was wonderin' when you were gonna ask!"

"So-"

"Of course, Jessie! I'd love to," she said giving my hand a squeeze. "I was starting to think you were incapable of asking people out!"

"Oh haha," I said sarcastically. "You weren't the one who had to ask!"

"That's true," she smirked. "But I'm not the one who can't flirt."

I gaped at her. "You take that back!" I shouted, chasing her as she began to run.

"Never!" She called over her shoulder. "I'll always be the flirt in this relationship!"

"Oh, we're in a relationship now are we?"

She stopped running, face flushed. "Uh- um... n-no... I mean... well-"

I smirked, pinching her cheeks. "Awww, you're cute when you're flustered!"

------------------
How to tables have turned, eh?

Phew, first one done! This one's been festering in my head since I created my USWNT oneshot book, so I'm glad to finally be able to write it! Hope you enjoyed, feel free to leave a request in the form of a comment or a DM :) Thanks for reading!